Chess.com Quick Update - Oct 2011

Today we were down for a few minutes in preparation for live tournaments (had to do some gnarly database changes). 

Not a lot of new updates lately because we're working on so many HUGE projects that take a long time (live chess tournaments, site update and internationalization). 

More updates soon!

Woot! Does "in preparation" mean that they're going to be ready in time for the ides of October?

This means chess.com is one step closer to building that spaceship we all want.  I'm down.

How much closer?!?!?!

take that chessidiot.com!

chessisgood wrote:

How much closer?!?!?!

First, Erik is going to have to find a way to provide us all with the free waffle irons he promised (proof by absence of denial) in the occupy chess.com thread.  Then, live tournaments.  Then, mega-dope spaceship.  It's simple maths.

theoreticalboy wrote:
    chessisgood wrote:

How much closer?!?!?!

First, Erik is going to have to find a way to provide us all with the free waffle irons he promised (proof by absence of denial) in the occupy chess.com thread.  Then, live tournaments.  Then, mega-dope spaceship.  It's simple maths.

You've got issues.

Cannot wait for live tournaments. Not a fan of corr. chess so I am very excited for this.

How about finally implementing the laser-beam rule we've all been pleading for for so long?

I would like to be able to use it to vapourise my opponent anytime I get into a losing position or time trouble.

It's easier and more humane to vapourize your opponent's internet connection, causing them to time out.

erik wrote:

Live chess tournaments will never happen.

Really?!?! (hehe)

chessisgood wrote:
    erik wrote:

Live chess tournaments will never happen.

Really?!?! (hehe)

Yes.

or Join

Online Now