erik wrote:

argh. no closer than when we started... there is no right name :(

No Right Name Chess, wonderful idea!

exxxxxxxxcellaaaaaant!

looool - good one Anna. Laughing

AnnaZC

Wink

StevenBailey13

What about " Just-when-your-opponent-has-got-one-minute-left-he-makes-a-great-move-and-you-throw-a-tantrum chess?

forkmate

CyberChess

ivan

"chess connect"

SandyJames
[COMMENT DELETED]
TheGrobe

What about "Your Pace Chess"?  Or "Chess at your Leisure"?  Or something similar?

The draw for me is that I can pop in, spend a few minutes on a game, and go back to my busy schedule.  It's not that the games are slower, necessarily, it's that the continuous commitment in any given stint is much, much shorter.

sapientdust

Periodic Chess

It captures the idea suggested by TheGrobe that correspondence chess is played discontinuously.

TheGrobe

Not bad.  In a previous discussion I'd also thrown out "Interruptible".  Even "Discontinuous" would work.  I think the best answer is probably along these lines somewhere.

TheGrobe

Fitful?  Sporadic?  I think maybe I still like intermittent best.

unohoo

And the prior comment by grobe takes us back to Anytime Chess

netzach

Circular arguments for sure. If job description is:

• New title/name sought for easy identification/location of chess & chess variants around the site. This is to be succinct & easily undestood.

Then perhaps re-naming them all is the answer ?

Is only a '' label '' to assist navigation of site after all.

So could have: cChess iChess 960Chess etc ?

Without deep & wordy explanation. Expect users will click on them to discover within any further detail...

TheGrobe

But I don't think anytime quite captures it.  It's all anytime if you have the time.  (Or as Steven Wright says, "Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time").  It's the intermittent nature that's the key.

TheGrobe

It's more than just assisting navigation, though, it should be as representative of what the variant actually is as possible so that you don't have to suppliment with definitions and descriptions.

TheGrobe

It's Sunday at the office.

erik

personally, the only two i could personally agree to would be:

daily chess

anytime chess

trysts
erik wrote:

daily chess

anytime chess

You forgot to mention "comfy chess"Wink

TheGrobe
erik wrote:

daily chess

anytime chess

Is it safe to assume that part of the problem with "intermittent" and the like is that they can also be construed as implying a lack of stability?

netzach
trysts wrote:
erik wrote:

daily chess

anytime chess

You forgot to mention "comfy chess"

Way off in the future '' comfy chess '' is all I will ever remember about this forum ! Smile

trysts
netzach wrote:
trysts wrote:
erik wrote:

daily chess

anytime chess

You forgot to mention "comfy chess"

Way off in the future '' comfy chess '' is all I will ever remember about this forum ! 

Hilarious! Same here!Laughing