Forums

Does anybody have problems with chess.com by using google chrome?

Sort:
Qwixter

Google chrome seems to be giving me a problem with chess.com

kohai

What type of problem? Can you give more details please?

Qwixter

I can't move my pieces in online chess when it is my turn

Qwixter

But it works in internet explorer

prakhar9998

Google Chrome works fine for me in chess.com I have no Problem with google Chrome in chess.com I can make my move easily in online chess.

kohai
Qwixter wrote:

Do you have any addons on the chrome browser? If yes, have you tried disabling them?

dahal32

Yeah, I tried playing the computer but the screen doent load, saying " The screen doest apperar? Install java!" But I already have java 7. Moreover , I have been having problem posting game pgn and fen files in forums, chrome hangs. Lastly, during live chess, when I move pieces sometimes the browser freezes and disconnection occures. And when I am back, I seem to already make a move I shouldn't have made: like drag and drop, the piece dropped in a wrong place. Seems I have a slow internet and high lag. Any soln?

Qwixter

I use firefox for chess.com. No problems at all

upsign

Absolutely

Game freezes with "computer thinking"

PLAVIN81

I USE MICROSOFT E =====WORKS FINESmile

ElKitch

Something weird happens when I copy the PGN from a game Ive played (I use chrome, not sure if that is the cause).

As far as I know I can only paste it into the editor by copying it manually. When I click "get PGN" it starts downloading the PGN, but I want to have it on my clipboard.

So, I select the whole PGN, then paste PGN into the editor and then a very weird setup comes up- completely different from what the game was like.

This is what I copy into the "paste PGN"

28.Qh7#
ElKitch

this is what I get from the editor

At first I thought that it ws because of spaces missing in the PGN. All moves are cluttered together. However, when I manually add spaces so the PGN is correct, then I still get this weird game.

gouthamreddy

yes coin sticks to mouse pointer

but firefox is best one for chess.com

qixel

I don't personally have a problem with Live Chess and Chrome.

gouthamreddy
Qwixter wrote:

Google chrome seems to be giving me a problem with chess.com

gouthamreddy
Qwixter wrote:

ElKitch

playing the game works perfect for me in Chrome, just not when I try to copy the PGN from the game into the editor.

ElKitch

I can download the PGN and open it with notepad. Works perfect!

artfizz
kohai wrote:
Qwixter wrote:

Do you have any addons on the chrome browser? If yes, have you tried disabling them?

Yes, it seems certain Google Chrome extensions cause this effect.

I was having this problem until I disabled the WiseConvert extension.

When you have identified the dodgy extension, click on Tools {spanner symbol} -> Settings -> Extensions and Disable it.

Someone else identified utorrentbar as the culprit.

RichColorado

I find that Chrome loads faster and no problems with strange pages popping up like on Firefox 11.0 version.