Forums

Facebook Chess - Chess.com needs your help!

Sort:
erik

Friends of Chess.com -

Chess.com needs your help! Our Facebook application has been recently under a "negative review" attack. :( We were in the middle of doing some big upgrades to the Facebook app and there were a few bugs. So a few impatient people smeared our rating. Ugh!

>> Click here to rate our Facebook App!

(links to: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2427617054 )

I would LOVE to get your help! Please visit our Facebook App page and give us the rating you think we deserve :)

Thank you!!

KnightNotHorse

Of course you will get a great rating from us -- just outta curiosity, are the upgrades to the Facebook app all done, or are they still in progress?

bondiggity

5 star review from me. 

likesforests

You got it. :)

By the way, you apparently can't say "chess.com" in your reviews.

bondiggity
likesforests wrote:

By the way, you apparently can't say "chess.com" in your reviews.

I got that too :D. 

TheSushiBoy

Hey Erik.  some of the users had "Chess.com" flagged as objectionable content.  So I couldn't use that 'word' in my review.  You need bring this up with facebook, in my review I had to say ChessDotCom.  Someone is definitely attacking by any and all means they can.  Jerks.

grensley

i think when you try to post websites it blocks them for "promoting"

Also, if you don't want people to complain, make sure it works :)

ASpieboy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook

knightspawn5

Hey erik, once I get there how do I give you a 5 star rating?   I went there and only saw reviews but not how to give you 5 stars..........Help.

Terry

likesforests

knightspawn5, when you choose the option to write a review, you'll get a text area and below it will be five blue stars. Write something in the text area and click on the fifth blue star. I believe you need to sign-up, and maybe it's good to try the app first.

lecycliste

i'll relook I am chess.com's biggest fan but the last time I looked the FB app lacked

jacoblcl

Facebook started selling user data, so I deleted my account. Sorry guys. Tongue out

kurtgodden

??  Well, I tried.  I wrote a + review, and clicked the 5th star, but it's not clear to me that my feedback was recorded at all.  Seems to me that FB, not chess.com needs the criticism.

erik

thanks all! that was VERY helpful!

Keyif

It is great. I have a couple of games going now and have rated it.

bondiggity
kurtgodden wrote:

??  Well, I tried.  I wrote a + review, and clicked the 5th star, but it's not clear to me that my feedback was recorded at all.  Seems to me that FB, not chess.com needs the criticism.

There is a little post button underneath the stars. You need to click on that. 

Final-flash

done

ADK

Do you have to be a member of facebook to rate the application?

ADK

bondiggity
ADK wrote:

Do you have to be a member of facebook to rate the application?

ADK

Yes. If you go to the link without being logged into facebook, you won't see the area to leave comments and a rating. You won't be able to rate it. 

the_Crow

I have tried it on FB but when I move a piece it takes up to 10 seconds before it moves, its v slow