Forums

First game on chess.com

Sort:
Mm40

You know the number at the end of all the correspondence games? That's the games number in order of all games on chess.com. For example, http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=2009 will be the 2009th game played at chess.com.

So, out of curiosity, I looked up the first correspondense game on chess.com. It features erik, as white, destroying nyarlathotep in 19 moves. Game 2 features Patzer24, as white, forcing erik to resign in 15 moves. The shortest of the first ten games? 6 and 7, in which baba (playing white both times) failed to make a second move in time.

Just thought this was interesting.

Knightly

AMAZING!!! I never caught that before! :)

ADK

Wow, I never caught that before! I thought that a random # that was assigned.

ADK

WanderingWinder

Interesting. I noticed that the first game which does not feature a staff member (either erik or Patzer24), game 5, features none other than TraglorfBob, who stuck out in my mind of having posted in a topic I was looking in the other day.

WanderingWinder

And the newest game I can find using this method is 20712734 , though that's just by a very quick guess-and-check.

ADK

BTW, my first game on chess.com is #14922.

ADK

WanderingWinder
ADK wrote:

ADK

How did you look that up?

ADK
WanderingWinder wrote:
ADK wrote:

ADK

How did you look that up?

Oh, you just go to the back of your game archive, click on your 1st game, and the # on the link is the _____ game played on chess.com.

ADK

WanderingWinder

Ahh, I see my problem now; premium members get full archives, freebies only get 30 days