x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

I'LL TAKE THREADS FOR $300 ALEX!

Really?  wow. That's sad. tear.png  Thanks. I don't know what she was like off camera but she was too young.

RonaldJosephCote wrote:

Unfortunately,  because RJC has a virus in his computer, the big Jeopardy board cannot be used until next week. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Are you still wrestling with that virus problem? Just SHOUT it out! Expel those demons! Laughing

The timing is a money problem Esche.  It started last week, I don't get my disability till next week. My tech guy wants $50 bucks and a case of beer.cry.png

RonaldJosephCote wrote:

The timing is a money problem Esche.  It started last week, I don't get my disability till next week. My tech guy wants $50 bucks and a case of beer.

Bummer. I hope he doesn't go for the imported stuff.

Did you try to fix it on your own? (Malwarebytes, etc.)

.. She starred, in a '1979-to-'86.. tv-sitcom episode .. And played the role, of 'the governor's, 'little-tyke'/ precocious daughter, 'katie'.. {pictured, on the left 'btw' with, her 'real-life' 'sis'}.

null

TV sitcom 79-86...???  hmmm...... let me get back to you on that one Flank.                                                 Esche;  Did I try to fix it?   Its beyond my ability.  I was using System Mechanic 15 and it as fine for 2 yrs.  Well they--iolo technology-- sent me version 16.  They pushed it out too soon. Its not compatible with Windows 7.  Some tech guy in Malyasia took remote control of my system for an hr and couldn't get passed "Windows Defender".  Finally he says, "I'll send a report to the company". So now I want to go back to version 15, but my computer won't release version 16. I tried Revo Un-install. It got rid of most of it but not all. I haven't had any problems for a couple of yrs. He'll scan it for all kinds of things, give it a tune up. If worse comes to worse, I'll dump the whole hard drive, and re-load Windows 7. Its a pain in the neck but its $100. meh.png  Its the timing that killed me. If I get 2 things in one month, I'm down---my car, my teeth, the computer, my drums.  Its expensive to be poor.cry.png

Hope you get it sorted soon Ron. I miss you when you are not so active.Smile

Ron, that sounds like a mell of a hess...Hope you get it fixed soon.

A couple of comments...The guys at bleepingcomputer.com don't think much of System Mechanic - snake oil at best, and trouble at worst. If it were me, I'd dump it for good. I think all you need for AV software is the Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) that comes with Windows 7, and maybe Malwarebytes from time to time. (I think MSE supersedes Windows Defender - When you install MSE, it deletes Windows Defender.)

Try to practice safe computing by reducing attack vectors - Uninstall Adobe Flash Player and Java. Of course, don't click on things you shouldn't. Install AddBlock Plus or uBlock Origin to reduce the chance of malvertising attacks. Keep all of your software and browser plugins updated. There are other things you can do, but that's a start.

If you do have to eventually wipe the drive and install a fresh Win 7, you do have the Windows recovery disks (if it's an OEM sytem from a big-box store) or the original Windows 7 install disks and serial key (if you actually bought a copy of Windows 7 to install on the hard drive)? If it's an OEM system, Windows should let you create the recovery disks if you don't already have them.

Good luck buddy.

Edit - I guess MSE doesn't come with Windows 7, but you can get it here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201

Edit 2 - Also, remember that extended support for Windows 7 expires in January 2020. That'll mean no more security patches after that date, so you'll want to do some long range planning to replace Win 7 at that time.

.. Only because, I couldn't bring myself, to use this 'hometown' referenced, link ; As being, my place-marker, for being, the "Best Person in the Universe".. which I've since decided, I'm Really Not ! ..lol

http://www.oregonlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2017/04/hey_portland_quit_complaining.html

RonaldJosephCote wrote:

TV sitcom 79-86...???  hmmm...... let me get back to you on that one Flank.                                                 Esche;  Did I try to fix it?   Its beyond my ability.  I was using System Mechanic 15 and it as fine for 2 yrs.  Well they--iolo technology-- sent me version 16.  They pushed it out too soon. Its not compatible with Windows 7.  Some tech guy in Malyasia took remote control of my system for an hr and couldn't get passed "Windows Defender".  Finally he says, "I'll send a report to the company". So now I want to go back to version 15, but my computer won't release version 16. I tried Revo Un-install. It got rid of most of it but not all. I haven't had any problems for a couple of yrs. He'll scan it for all kinds of things, give it a tune up. If worse comes to worse, I'll dump the whole hard drive, and re-load Windows 7. Its a pain in the neck but its $100.   Its the timing that killed me. If I get 2 things in one month, I'm down---my car, my teeth, the computer, my drums.  Its expensive to be poor.

RJC, go to http://www.techsupportalert.com/

Everything is tested, rated, and free.  I dont pay for anything, never have and never will.  

Gizmo's! I'd recognize that URL anywhere!

EscherehcsE wrote:

Gizmo's! I'd recognize that URL anywhere!

One of the best sites ever!

null

or Join

Online Now