Forums

Inactive Groups

Sort:
TheOldReb

What bothers me most about groups is people joining who don't "belong". For example when I joined the Georgia ( USA state ) group I was expecting all the members to be either from Georgia or living currently in Georgia and have found people there who arent even from the USA and some have never even been to the USA nor Georgia....... I have found the same problem in the USA Southeast group, one particular member isnt even an American and is also a member of another USA group......

artfizz
Reb wrote:

What bothers me most about groups is people joining who don't "belong". For example when I joined the Georgia ( USA state ) group I was expecting all the members to be either from Georgia or living currently in Georgia and have found people there who arent even from the USA and some have never even been to the USA nor Georgia....... I have found the same problem in the USA Southeast group, one particular member isnt even an American and is also a member of another USA group......

If you can solve that problem, you'll become rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

TheOldReb
artfizz wrote:
Reb wrote:

If you can solve that problem, you'll become rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

LOL !  You are probably right.  Am I the only one this bothers ?  I dont know why people want to join a group in which they dont belong ? I would not join a group in which I dont fit/belong even though I may have some interest in the group.

artfizz
Reb wrote: What bothers me most about groups is people joining who don't "belong". For example when I joined the Georgia ( USA state ) group I was expecting all the members to be either from Georgia or living currently in Georgia and have found people there who arent even from the USA and some have never even been to the USA nor Georgia....... I have found the same problem in the USA Southeast group, one particular member isnt even an American and is also a member of another USA group......
artfizz wrote: If you can solve that problem, you'll become rich beyond the dreams of avarice.
Reb wrote: LOL !  You are probably right.  Am I the only one this bothers ?  I dont know why people want to join a group in which they dont belong ? I would not join a group in which I dont fit/belong even though I may have some interest in the group.

"Everybody wants to be an American."

artfizz
Reb wrote:

Karl_ wrote: But isn't this up to the Supers to enforce these things?  Seems to me they can delete anyone from the group they wish to.  If they want a private, resticted group then it is up to them to make it so.

How do you propose weed out non-Americans from the USA Southwest group? Set up a House Committee on un-American Activities?

rooperi
artfizz wrote:
Reb wrote:

Karl_ wrote: But isn't this up to the Supers to enforce these things?  Seems to me they can delete anyone from the group they wish to.  If they want a private, resticted group then it is up to them to make it so.

How do you propose weed out non-Americans from the USA Southwest group? Set up a House Committee on un-American Activities?

Maybe I should join this group, but I don't speak American, hmmm....

wormrose

Yeh, it's like joining the cool boys and girls group. I wanted to join, but deep in my heart I know I'm not cool (enough). But if I was (cool enough), I would become an admin and the first thing I would do is start deleting those people who were not as cool as they think they are. I would delete and delete until I was the only cool one left.

TheGrobe
Reb wrote:

So what is the use/point of having "groups" then if a "group" can be just one ?! 

H O G W A S H

To be able to set up vote chess games versus an individual?

wormrose
TheGrobe wrote:
Reb wrote:

So what is the use/point of having "groups" then if a "group" can be just one ?! 

H O G W A S H

To be able to set up vote chess games versus an individual?

A perfectly good reason. Another is that in the great majority of cases a group represents a concept rather than an individual person.

Q-What would be the purpose for removing all one person groups? What would we gain?

PrawnEatsPrawn

"Q-What would be the purpose for removing all one person groups? What would we gain?"

Reb could save a few euros on HOGWASH, those 40 gallon drums are not cheap. Laughing