Interested in earning money through chess tournaments? (Free entry! - $250 Prize Pool)

Deranged

Answer me this: why did you start a fresh account on Chess.com just 2 weeks ago, and the first thing you do is start advertising your real money chess tournaments?

poggeezerking
Deranged wrote:
poggeezerking wrote:

This is not fake in the slightest. There is no entrance fee, so what can you lose? Furthermore, I have this money from a grant I applied for. If you'd like proof that we're an approved club then contact chess.com yourselves.

I know how these scams work.

When it comes time to paying out, you will respond with one of two things:

1) You claim they need to pay you a small fee in order to receive the cash prize. Like they have to send you $5 first or whatever, before you'll transfer them.

2) You request documents to "verify their identity". You steal their ID, steal their bank and credit card details, and use it all against them.

We have signed a document with chess.com's approval, which states that we can't do those things... I can send screenshots of the email if you'd like. There's no way to get an official sign, those are reserved for official clubs and fan clubs.

poggeezerking
Deranged wrote:

Answer me this: why did you start a fresh account on Chess.com just 2 weeks ago, and the first thing you do is start advertising your real money chess tournaments?

I got a grant from TakingITGlobal Canada to host money prize tournaments

poggeezerking

Also, I use [another site-- VP] more than chess.com

poggeezerking

I chose chess.com to host my tournaments because chess.com has higher security and is more "official" and more players use this site. Secondly, advertising in [another site -- VP] is somewhat prohibited and chess.com is more leniant.

poggeezerking

If you'd like to see proof, then look at the description of my club: https://www.chess.com/club/money-and-cash-prize-tournaments-sigma

Woollysock
It’s against the house rules to mention other chess sites ......naughty boy ! 😤
poggeezerking
Woollysock wrote:
It’s against the house rules to mention other chess sites ......naughty boy ! 😤

Haha don't worry about it, chess.com is clearly superior to [another site -- VP]

Martin_Stahl
poggeezerking wrote:

If you'd like to see proof, then look at the description of my club: https://www.chess.com/club/money-and-cash-prize-tournaments-sigma

Pretty sure that staff member isn't aware of the requirements.  Just know that is not formal approval and there is a chance your event could be canceled without that approval.

poggeezerking
Martin_Stahl wrote:
poggeezerking wrote:

Pretty sure that staff member isn't aware of the requirements.  Just know that is not formal approval and there is a chance your event could be canceled without that approval.

Agreed, but do check the team's description. I have gained chess.com's "approval"

Martin_Stahl
poggeezerking wrote:
Martin_Stahl wrote:
poggeezerking wrote:

Agreed, but do check the team's description. I have gained chess.com's "approval"

That is not formal approval. There is a process and it is apparent that staff member is unaware of it.

poggeezerking

Then could you walk me through the "process"?

Martin_Stahl
poggeezerking wrote:

I found out from another staff member that your club is allowed. I really wish the site would set up a formal page with these approvals for members to check.

poggeezerking
Martin_Stahl wrote:
poggeezerking wrote:

I found out from another staff member that your club is allowed. I really wish the site would set up a formal page with these approvals for members to check.

Awesome! Thank you for clarifying.