x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Kids on chess.com

  • #1

    Why are kids allowed on chess.com?  They don't play well and they run away when they are about to lose.  I had to sit over 5 minutes because the little runt got scared and left.

    If kids are allowed to play, then chess.com needs to restrict them to matches with other kids. 

    I don't come here to waste my time babysitting!!!

  • #2

    [Naming and shaming violates site policy.  - mod]

    That's the best you can come up with?  I did not "name and shame".  Try another accusation.  How about this:  An adult chess player is complaining that children are not properly matched with other children, so let's have discuss this with our Management Team because it's something we need to address.

  • #3

    This is the stuff wich epic threads are made. Get ready for a huge amount of solidarity, grumpy old man.

  • #4

    What problem does the OP have with kids? Lack of sportsmanship? Adults are an excellent candidate for that too. I can't tolerate child (insert suitable word).

  • #5

    I am not a grumpy old man.  I am a woman and I don't let my kids play chess unsupervised.  The fact that I don't want to put up with someone else's spoiled brats is a legitimate post.   "child proclamation"?  Muhammad, that is nonsensical English.  Just what exactly is your point?

    The Internet was never designed for children and to use it as a babysitter is clearly bad parenting. 

  • #6
    the_chess_zebra escribió:

    I am not a grumpy old man.  I am a woman and I don't let my kids play chess unsupervised.  The fact that I don't want to put up with someone else's spoiled brats is a legitimate post.   "child proclamation"?  Muhammad, that is nonsensical English.  Just what exactly is your point?

    The Internet was never designed for children and to use it as a babysitter is clearly bad parenting. 

    Absolutely agree. But not every kid is unpolite, not every adult is polite either.

    Sorry about the confussion on your gender.

  • #7

    I disagree about the kids thing. As a chess coach, I know several kiddos who could wipe the floor with many adult chess players and they LOVE playing on chess.com. I really doubt they'd quit a game by logging out.

  • #8

    Maybe you should join a group or a team. This way you can play with people that share your interests and avoid random kids. 

  • #9

    I am a KID according to you then do challenge me.I promise you that you will run away like the KID who left the game and ran away.

  • #10

    I'd prefer a QGR, Orthodox variation if it's possible.

  • #11
    the_chess_zebra wrote:

    Why are kids allowed on chess.com?  They don't play well and they run away when they are about to lose.  I had to sit over 5 minutes because the little runt got scared and left.

    If kids are allowed to play, then chess.com needs to restrict them to matches with other kids. 

    I don't come here to waste my time babysitting!!!

    Get your rating up and you won't have to play with them. Unsportsmanlike conduct will occasionally be an issue at all levels of the game though. Thread over.

  • #12
    the_chess_zebra wrote:

    I am not a grumpy old man.  I am a woman and I don't let my kids play chess unsupervised.

    oh, yeah, that may be very dangerous. You are a great mother

  • #13

    I second flakco: How do you know they are kids?

  • #14

    OP: Your rating is worse than mine.. Some achievement, be more humble.

  • #15
    Pulpofeira wrote:
    the_chess_zebra escribió:

    I am not a grumpy old man.  I am a woman and I don't let my kids play chess unsupervised.  The fact that I don't want to put up with someone else's spoiled brats is a legitimate post.   "child proclamation"?  Muhammad, that is nonsensical English.  Just what exactly is your point?

    The Internet was never designed for children and to use it as a babysitter is clearly bad parenting. 

    Absolutely agree. But not every kid is unpolite, not every adult is polite either.

    Sorry about the confussion on your gender.

    Isn't that reverse sexism, Pulpofeira?Laughing

  • #16
    trysts wrote:
    Pulpofeira wrote:
    the_chess_zebra escribió:

    I am not a grumpy old man.  I am a woman and I don't let my kids play chess unsupervised.  The fact that I don't want to put up with someone else's spoiled brats is a legitimate post.   "child proclamation"?  Muhammad, that is nonsensical English.  Just what exactly is your point?

    The Internet was never designed for children and to use it as a babysitter is clearly bad parenting. 

    Absolutely agree. But not every kid is unpolite, not every adult is polite either.

    Sorry about the confussion on your gender.

    Isn't that reverse sexism, Pulpofeira?

    I'm sure pulpoferia is a calzonazos

  • #17
    MuhammadAreez10 wrote:

    What problem does the OP have with kids? Lack of sportsmanship? Adults are an excellent candidate for that too. I can't tolerate child proclamation.

    This is curious coming from one that keeps insisting that he/she isnt a kid , but a " pre-teen "  !    

  • #18

    Laughing

  • #19

            I agree with the OP's premise. But she is not using the word "kid" as an age thing. She's refering to any kind of trollish behaviour. It would be nice if everyone came to the forums with a full deck of 47 cards.

  • #20
    pdela escribió:
    trysts wrote:
    Pulpofeira wrote:
    the_chess_zebra escribió:

    I am not a grumpy old man.  I am a woman and I don't let my kids play chess unsupervised.  The fact that I don't want to put up with someone else's spoiled brats is a legitimate post.   "child proclamation"?  Muhammad, that is nonsensical English.  Just what exactly is your point?

    The Internet was never designed for children and to use it as a babysitter is clearly bad parenting. 

    Absolutely agree. But not every kid is unpolite, not every adult is polite either.

    Sorry about the confussion on your gender.

    Isn't that reverse sexism, Pulpofeira?

    I'm sure pulpoferia is a calzonazos

    Te voy a arrancar la cabeza.

or Join

Online Now