Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
j3oglesby

I liike the new tactics trainer analysis board where you also see the notation for continuations but it is too dark to see clearly.  It would also be nice to see/use the analysis board while looking at the continuations further down the page.   Thanks

saksipotku
j3oglesby wrote:
saksipotku wrote:

And here's still one issue: when you put your cursor over a player's name, it should show some information about him/her, precisely last online, points, rating, and trophy showcase. I think these should all be neatly in a white square that opens above your cursor. However, at least with my Internet Explorer, the left hand side information lacks correct alignment, goes all messy, and is displayed below the white box, while the right hand side information is in the box just as it should be.

I had the same problem till I clicked the "compatibility wiew" icon by the address bar next to the "refresh" icon

Okay, thanks. I'll try that the next time that it doesn't work for me.

montree

What bothers me most, is the lag in making a move. (java board?). Always kill the fun of playing 1 min chess. If you compare this with playchess or chesscube, chess.com has to improve the interface.

Feydaway
ibiwisi wrote:

Not sure if this is the correct Forum for posting this, but I have a suggestion for Chess Mentor (a wonderful feature, BTW!). I wish there were a bit more information (context) within each Lesson window. Specifically, I'd like it to show (1) the rating of the current Lesson; and (2) where this Lesson stands within the Course (e.g., "Lesson 12 of 24").

Any chance the chess.com genie can fulfill these wishes?

I'll second that.  And, I'll add my previous wish that the mentor screens be worked on.  They are currently an incredibly stark wasteland of white.

shon615

the daily puzzle box on the home was not working for me for the first few days now its fine, but other than that I LOVE IT@

chess_kebabs
tubebender wrote:

Thanks, paul211! And they say that Chesspeople are nasty. We may be a little eccentric but all in all, we`re a pretty good bunch!

Who said Chess people are nasty? Let me at 'em! 

Joseph-S
chess_kebabs wrote:
tubebender wrote:

Thanks, paul211! And they say that Chesspeople are nasty. We may be a little eccentric but all in all, we`re a pretty good bunch!

Who said Chess people are nasty? Let me at 'em! 

Laughing

Fantasto

The 'manage member' function is very clumsy for group admins. E.g. I'm on page 9 of my group, sorted by most recently online, I delete someone who's not been there for 6 months, with the idea of then deleting the one above, who's not been online for 5 months. But instead of returning me to the same page after the first deletion, the system takes me back to page 1 sorted alphabetically.... I ask myself why?

Naakija

Because it´s not changed.

Naakija

There should be Random Ratings Order, too.

Handy !

zborg

Just noticed the new sounds for Live Chess.  Ugh.

The first move of the game, and when you checkmate, are both a loud farting sound.

Really should fix that guys.  Please.

chess_kebabs

Staff keep bringing those AWFUL sounds  back.. it's a relief when they remove them... but when they bring them back again, ARGGHHH. I played a little Live chess last night and those horrible cheap/tacky noises really do take away from the pleasure of the game there. I don't get why they keep yoyoing them... 

evanbaldonado

NineofWands

Good grief - stopped playing online chess as couldn't find anything in new layout, just thought I would play a live game and happily doing so about 5 minutes into the game another game starts wiping out the one I am playing - not as if a tournament game or anything just appeared to be a random challenge - this site has really gone down hill - why oh why do programmers think they have to always change things.

netzach

There is unfortunately (I believe) serious detriment to the ease-of-use/functionality of the site now ? Not against the new-features at all but many of them should changed to selectable-options this would ease navigation-troubles.

An added benefit to doing this would be that statistics could be gathered on what is popular & what is not.

chukirov

FREE vs. PREMIUM ACCESS:

Platinum/Diamond Members have unlimited access to Chess.com Mobile Chess and can play as frequently as they want. Gold Members get up to 25 moves per day. Basic Members can view games, but can only make 3 moves per day.

This I beleve is a ploy to force mobile phone users to pay and not necessarily fair.

SusanG

I think there's a bug on the account privacy page. There used to be a box which you could tick if you didn't want to receive friend requests, but now there are two boxes about people being able to view your friends list instead.

chess_kebabs
SusanG wrote:

I think there's a bug on the account privacy page. There used to be a box which you could tick if you didn't want to receive friend requests, but now there are two boxes about people being able to view your friends list instead.

That section  is a mess Susan.. I sent in a ticket this morning to say I am receiving messages from people who said they can't send me friend requests, they aren't going through. I saw no box to check in 'Privacy; to turn on or off receiving friend requests. Staff's reply was I need to check the first box that is under INVITES. The first box is 'Friends can view my friends'. Which is something completely different to accepting friend requests. So I checked the box for 'friends can view friends'  and sure enough I started receiving friend requests again. No logic in it, but there you go, that's what you need to do. 

But I was happy staff replied the same day and the problem was resolved, sort of. Resolved from my end for that particular issue, but not resolved at their end for having it right for all members. 

DeepGreene

SusanG wrote:

Agreed. The checkbox is mis-labelled. It's meant to determine whether or not you allow people to send you Friend requests. We'll fix!

Divebomb

I think the new chess.com design looks great and works very well.