Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
Martin_Stahl

It's kind of funny that this topic was about the last big site upgrade and not v3.

gambit-man

lol, yeah, i thought that too...

Pulpofeira

I'd love to know how v1 was. Well, I think I'll also die without seeing a 600-series terminator...  :(

Martin_Stahl

You can view earlier versions on the Internet Archive. 

Pulpofeira

Mmm, I'm there now. How should I make the search?

jack33par

When i joined Chess.com, it was so easy to see my games, and read the needed places to go. Now anyone visiting the site will take one look at the jumble of a front page, and look for another site

Piperose
Martin_Stahl wrote:

It's kind of funny that this topic was about the last big site upgrade and not v3.

sorry if I'd posted on the wrong forum & thank you for the reply

kqbrk

no limit blocking

bagpiper

It is auful

pam234

Why does v3 freeze so often? It's ridiculous. Never had this problem in v2.d

gambit-man
pam234 wrote:

Why does v3 freeze so often? It's ridiculous. Never had this problem in v2.d

because it's v3, and it wouldn't be the same without the freezing.

some might say the problem is likely at your end...

pam234

Some would be talking rubbish! lol I have state of the art computer equipment and no freezing any where else but v3!

Martin_Stahl

Location can also play into it some. What parts do you find freeze most often?

I've seen slowness, off-and-on, as the site makes changes but generally, things work pretty well in most of the locations and equipment I use, including mobile devices.

pam234

It freezes Martin on every page and more than 20 times per day. Very frustrating. A very poor service provided by chess.com!

Martin_Stahl

Well, that is weird. I don't recall having any freezes, certainly not recently. Are you running any plugins that might interfere with running scripts? Also, what browser?

pam234

My husband  who is a design and development  computer engineer will be able to answer those questions. I haven't  the foggiest. All I  know is that nothing has changed to our PC equipment since  I left v2 and started using this awful v3. I'll get back to you re plugins and browser tonight once hubby is home.

bulletheadbilly

instead of the V2 Mechanical Turk, Its Cold Ethel in V3..i have only had a couple freezes since surfing V3 a while back, i feel for you pam....

pam234

Thanks Billy.

pam234

To Martin :- My husband says the browser I use is Internet Explorer and there are no plugins to worry about,

Endapuppy

In before the lock.