15744 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
even if I'm a minority, I'm glad that after trial and error, I get to cancel my premium a minute ago. wow, $49.00 will be put into good use. IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!
No need to be rude...you of course couldn't tell them nicely, right?
nah! just making a little statement and it felt awesome!!!!!!
When are you going to fix the Privacy issue??? We should be able to set the Privacy levels for everything. I don't necessarily need/want everyone to see my friends list, tactics/mentor ratings. What business is it of anyone else? Once again, this is supposed to be a CHESS site, not a FACEBOOK wannabe SOCIAL website!!!!
HOW DO I FIND A PLAYERS TIME PER MOVE AND THEIR TIME OUT RATIO ?????
Timeout Ratio is in "all stats" or a Player Summary for a tournament.
Appears Time/move is currently only seen in a Player Summary for a tournament.
Like this http://www.chess.com/tournaments/player_summary.html?id=34534&member=Kristina19
Hopefully will be put in a more convenient place soon. http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit
how about the opponent's rating? highest, average opponent's rating and his best win? In the old one, just one click and it's right there
I would be completely ok with the new design if the Online Chess "All Games" stats were included on members' pages.
Much more useful than their tactics stats or chess mentor rating!
In fact, I can't think of a single reason why I would want to check out someone else's tactics and chess mentor rating.
I liked things the way they were, not impressed with the changes
I've just paid attention to something else In Vote Chess on team where I'm an admin the resign button & draw buttons are there, where I'm not an admin they are not there it really doesn't matter to me about this because I can "leave game" or just not vote , I just wondering was this just an oversight an I see the analysis board has been "fix" in vote chess.
there an old saying: "Rome wasn't built in a day" an with any new project there glitches in the past 50 years life has change ,we have went from records to 8 tracks to cassettes to cds just in the music industry. We have went from black & white TV's to color to remote control from big bulk tv's to flat screen & big screen to projections screen an the list goes on & on an with every change it takes some getting use to.
Ive heard some legitimate complaints an Ive heard a lot of whining
I know you & your staff are working hard to fix the glitches if you don't like the bright white you can change this yourselves
you all have done a great job hat off to you
Cancelling your membership after 1 day of the new design is a huge overreaction.
The owners of the site are listening to feedback and attempting to address valid concerns.
I cancelled my premier membership once it was made clear that there was no going back to the old version. I don't object to the new colours, nor to buttons being moved around etc. My biggest gripe is that the site has become so slow and lumpy that is almost unusable.
I did think that the situation had improved when I was able to complete 5 moves in consequecutive games last night, then on the next game it was back to the same problem. Having the pieces not move when or where you want them to is a huge disadvantage in chess.
I am not leaving the site imediately as I believe that is discourteous to those players I am currently competing with, but I have cancelled my premier membership on this site (from when the current expires) and already started a premier membership on another site.
On the log-in page, can the Chess.com 'banner'[advert] be smaller and chess news instead, that 'banner' hits me right in my face when I come to the site, which is not great - too big and it doesn't leave a good impression. The site looks 'cheap' with it so big in your face.
What about Status update? It's not 'active' for players to change their status.
I must refresh the page every time I want to post a reply. It happens here and in vote chess. I also cannot copy the move total in vote chess and paste it to post a reply at all. Am I the only one this happens to ?
it may have to do with what internet browser you are using I was having the same problem with foxfire , but with explorer I wasn't I told the them about it and they fix it
- major performance improvements (done)- ...a dozen more things I can't remember
I can really feel the performance improvements. Such a fantastic delight! Think the site's much faster and smoother than the old now. I'm happy that issues are being resolved so quickly, and I'm thankful for the response. I just wanted to say thanks again for being heard, and for the message where you told me that you're working on fixing the "online games list" issue with 'time left' not being shown on the full overview. And I see that it's been fixed already while typing this! Wow, Thanks! I hated the new design at first, because the old one was so great, but now I'm falling in love with the new. Keep up the good work! Hurray!
Too much white space, it's really hard on the eyes.
You can change it, hover over home tab, click account, and click theme , click preview and find one that you like, I'm currently using using Music Notes by JimEBau on page 3
I'm already pretty comfy in the new pad, and look forward to the fixes to make itevenbetter. Thanks, Staff.
After using the new format for a couple days, I can say that except for the new group chat rooms, the changes are completely cosmetic. The site is functionally the same at the level I use it at least.
alrighty...about the chat. As well as representing who's admin, super admin, and regular member, could you maybe give the same abilities to kick, silence, promote, all that stuff. Also, maybe give some various commands such as choose between options, roll die, all that jazz. (taking an example of chatzy...)
[The site's policy is to limit discussion about cheating to the Cheating Forum. http://www.chess.com/groups/view/cheating-forum. More information in the FAQ http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/124/0/cheaters--cheating-what-you-need-to-know. Moderator]
Here are my suggestions/bug fix requests:
1. First, next time, announce ahead of time that major changes are going to be taking place in the user interface! Say something like this: "Attention Chess.com members. This Saturday there will be an upgrade to the User Interface. There are some design changes that are going to be put into effect that we hope you will enjoy...." Because there was no forewarning that I saw, I had thought my Internet settings were messed up.
2. Also, next time, don't put all of the changes into effect at once! Make only a couple of changes at a time, over a long period of time. This way, people can acclamate more easily to the new design.
3. Whenever I move a piece in Online Chess, it makes a noise. I want to shut this noise off, but I can't find where to shut it off. I looked in settings, but I don't see the option there. PLEASE don't tell me that there is no way to shut off that noise--that noise is very annoying. Also, in chess competition, there is little-to-no noise, and it should be that way on Chess.com if we want to get as close to a "competition" feeling as possible.
4. When going into an online game, when the move list comes up, it should automatically scroll to the last move made. Currently, it only scrolls part of the way down, and I have to scroll it to the end manually. Make it so that it scrolls to the last move automatically.
5. In the previous version, when viewing an online game, there was a button to "go to the next available game". The button is not there now. That button was useful and I used alot. Sometimes when viewing a game, I wanted to go to the next game without making a move on the current one being viewed, especially if the position was complicated. It was nice because I could just click the button and easily go to the next available game. But, now if I want to go the next game there are a bunch of extra steps I have to take: I have to go out of that game to the main menu, go though my current games, find the next available game myself, and click it. This creates alot of useless extra steps as well as extra time. That button needs to be added back in please.
The graph for rating stats doesn't show on the first load of the page in Google Chrome
[COMMENT DELETED Off-topic post - Mod]
Draw after 1 ply
by AIM-AceMove a few minutes ago
ChessBase 13 questions: game review routine and megadatabase
by DonaldoTrump 5 minutes ago
Stuff Non-Chess Players Say
by dp15 5 minutes ago
chess vendors to sell single armies - thought
by recklass 6 minutes ago
Chess addiction. The cure (II)
by solskytz 6 minutes ago
by DonaldoTrump 7 minutes ago
by newengland7 7 minutes ago
Have chess.com ratings been inflated recently?
by solskytz 7 minutes ago
High Speed Connection
by solskytz 10 minutes ago
Crushing My Opponent
by DonaldoTrump 10 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2016 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!