Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
gambit-man
DeepGreene wrote:

We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

Is there a target time scale? A week? A month? A year?

kco

hmm Team Comments is missing for me in the Vote chess, I am using chrome.

ilmago

True, netzach and kco, Team Comments in Vote Chess are no longer explicitly shown to be the Team Comments when you are there.

One is automatically in the Team Comments window when one goes to one of one's vote chess games, but one has to guess that what is shown there is really the team comments.

So team comments are there, and one can use them. But the according tab header telling us that we are in the team comments window is missing now.

netzach

& if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

(am not sure if comments are private anymore seems anyone can read ?)

kco

also note that after I made a comment and post it, the team comment is not there for me to continue making any more comment.  

netzach

In the '' archive '' team-comments button is visible:

kco
netzach wrote:

& if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

Public Comments Archive Team Members

yep that is what I had to do too at the meantime.

DeepGreene

We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.. When did the tab disappear?

netzach

Quite recently DG last 48hrs or so ?

The_Istrian

I don't like the new site format.  After over a month, I still feel like I'm entering a domain with unfamiliar landmarks.  Government mantra: "if it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is broke".

gambit-man

once again my question is overlooked.

i've had enough

kco

there is no dead line or target time or whatsoever in this website.

erik
gambit-man wrote:
DeepGreene wrote:

We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

Is there a target time scale? A week? A month? A year?

i have been pressuring our mobile developer daily to get things fixed. i am hoping to get some key mobile issues fixed within the week. 

what are the mobile issues that are most pressing for you?

gambit-man

it's not mobile issues i'm concerned about, it's layout issues, functionality issues. it's a month a a half now since the changes were made, and so far as i can see (although i now use the site much less) things are all still in the wrong place, don't work or just aren't there at all.

i asked for a time scale, that was all

kco

too lazy to navigate your way through the chess.com I suppose ?

kco
gutartas wrote:

Vote chess Team comments has disappeared, as told above, and Arkive moves comments too

they are aware of this and they are working on it.

gambit-man
kco wrote:

too lazy to navigate your way through the chess.com I suppose ?

nothing to do with laziness. the layout was messed up, the site is now no easier to navigate than any new site i might choose to use instead. But then i've been thinking for a while now that playing here has adversely affected my OTB game, so maybe it's time to quit internet chess altogether

kco

excatly what are you having trouble with ?

DrPhil
DeepGreene wrote:
 Specifically what data is harder to access than before? In what way is it more difficult to discover a player's rating than previously?

This is not mobile, but behind a normal PC:

- seeing a players detailed stats (including draw %, average opponent level etc, which can be more interesting than pure rating) used to be a simple two-click operation, now I can't find it at all anymore.

- despite some people saying otherwise, links to mail.chess.com are not to be found (if its a browser issue, I have it with both IE and chrome)

- vote chess leaderboard? Cannot be located.

- tournaments you joined but were eliminated from? Not showing under my tournaments anymore, untill they finished - which can take years.

Just to name the ones that I needed in the past 48 hours...

kco

got the latest IE and Chrome ?