New Site Design Feedback

• 4 years ago · Quote · #801

CBA

"My Games" no longer appears even to be an option on Explorer

• 4 years ago · Quote · #803

Fantasto

The new setup is seriously laking in 'back' buttons. For instnace, I'm on my groups team match page: I go to look at one and find I can't get back to the match page except by re-opening the group, then the tm page.

Here's another example: i'm in game explorer, but when I finish I can't get back to the game I was exploring.

And another: I'm TD and want to delete some gatecrashers: so I go to standings and pick off the first one. But then the system takes me back to invited players, so I have to reopen standings again, and again, and again ....

These are just three examples: there are more.

So please, chess.com, give us more and better functioning 'back' buttons!

And PS: why can I no longer see another member's games in progress, or even find out how many they have underway?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #804

netzach

Yes I agree with this ( though not as important as other issues ).

Would like '' BACK '' button on every page as no longer functions via browser (did do on other system)

• 4 years ago · Quote · #805

Rogwilco

Another hand up waiting for the IPhone answer!

Also the lack of data on some pages i'm presuming was a chioce made in order to give the severs a break in terms of requests?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #806

DeepGreene

Sorry we can't be more specific (quite yet) about timelines for a better site experience in mobile browsers... We are working on it, but it definitely hasn't come together as quickly as we'd like.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #807

Joseph-S

Has anyone mentioned the left and right cursor arrows not working?

* "Up"grade indeed. Frown *

• 4 years ago · Quote · #808

DeepGreene

Joseph-S wrote:

Has anyone mentioned the left and right cursor arrows not working?

* "Up"grade indeed. *

Where is this?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #809

BorgQueen

I had that problem for a while, but it seemed to vanish.  Might be a cache thing?  Try clearing your cache Joseph :-)

• 4 years ago · Quote · #810

Joseph-S

BorgQueen wrote:

I had that problem for a while, but it seemed to vanish.  Might be a cache thing?  Try clearing your cache Joseph :-)

I clear it frequently but when I try to scoot the cursor over, one way or the other, it disappears.  I didn't have that problem before the upgrade.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #811

AnthonyCG

Erik approves.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #812

Joseph-S

Joseph-S wrote:
    BorgQueen wrote:

I clear it frequently but when I try to scoot the cursor over, one way or the other, it disappears.  I didn't have that problem before the upgrade.

I didn't mean the cursor, but that blinking line that shows where you are going to type.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #813

BorgQueen

That is called the cursor, the other thing is called a mouse pointer :-)

No problem, I just thought it might help since I had the exact same problem when the upgrade first hit, but it seemed to have been fixed 2 or 3 days later.

I remember it being very annoying when I couldn't use arrows in the text!

• 4 years ago · Quote · #814

CBA

Still waiting for "my games" on Explorer...

*this will be on my gravestone

• 4 years ago · Quote · #815

netzach

Still waiting too... aargh ! Apparently system is set-up now but Is going to take time for '' migration of data '' from the old-database to the new one.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #816

CBA

And the reason that will take so long is that it will include data we do not want - i.e. pissing-about-quick-chess.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #817

kco

CBA wrote:

And the reason that will take so long is that it will include data we do not want - i.e. pissing-about-quick-chess.

yeah I don't want that stuff on my grave too.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #818

iambligh

Hey. I like the new design a lot, and the site in general is fantastic.

One feature that I'd like to see at some point is an "auto-decline rematch" account setting. Like, when someone challenges you to a rematch, a message comes up. It could be something polite, like "Thank you for what I'm sure was a good game, but this user doesn't accept rematches. Still, thanks for your consideration, and have a good day."

• 4 years ago · Quote · #819

LauriAikio

Here You are, Nick :

Database: Master GamesMy Chess GamesOther Players Games   Online & LiveOnline ChessLive Chess 

as White

as Black

MoveGames
    White Wins
    Draws
    Black Wins
    1.e4 672
    74%   16.8%
    1.d4 81
    75.3% 14.8%  
    1.c4 20
    80%   20%