Not properly, but via opponent´s Profile Page some players are Exploreable.
For some. I still have zilch as do you LA.
Another thing noticed is that '' member-flags '' have vanished from some areas of the site ? (for example team-member lists in VC)
Although these are user/changeable they are informative in lists & see no reason to remove them ?? (just adds further navigation-difficulty)
Yet another bug have noticed is whilst editing comments (group-forums) with mixed written/visual content the pages begin flipping around all over the place instead of staying where you are.
not working for you because you don't belong in there ! ?
Posssibly... Needing to simplify chess-activity :)
First and foremost - thanks for this great website! I mostly play on my iPhone and that app works really well. The latest version is really good, I don't have any problems with it.
As for the website itself, I didn't really use it a ton anyway other than to surf the forums. The one thing I am noticing since the update is that it seems wicked slow to load. I hate the pop-up ads in the lower left corner that cover what I'm trying to read.
Another disappointment was the abandoning of the classified section. It was always hard to find before and now it appears to be gone altogether. This is very sad. Part of the great community aspect of every website forum I visit is the ability for it's members to buy, sell, and trade with each other. This should be a rock-solid option right on the Forum page, in my opinion.
But it's a great site regardless and I'm thinking of becoming a premium member. But the loading speed times need to get better, not worse.
analysis board glitch---
when in illegal move mode if white knight on f1, white not castled and the white light bishop gone; if u castle w kg1, and undo it the f1 knight is a rook
On the accounts privacy page, the option where you can choose not to allow tournament invites doesn't seem to be working. I've had three invites in the last week!
Still seeing bugs in Vote-chess games. For instance in one game just started there is no '' Team-Comments ' button at all !
netzach, have you already chosen one team's side for that vote chess game? Before that, one will not be allowed to see any side's team comments, of course.
Repeating myself in this thread, as it seems active:
While some of the bugs are getting fixed, I'd like to remind chess.com staff that old IE versions still perform horribly - and my IT department will not allow installation of another browser (so don't give me the swithc-to-chrome crap. IE is still the most used browser; and any self respecting site should work with all of the top 5 browsers).
- the overview of tournaments doesn't seem to include a list of tourney's that you were eliminated from but that are still on-going (used to be very handy to check progress of people that beat you)
- It's hard, if not impossible to see the percentage of win/loose/draws of people; premium members cannot see detailed stats for other players anymore? That would be a pity, one of the things I'd like doing here (presuming I renew) would be to start a group based on studying draws. But an essential piece of info would be to see if prospective members would actually have some games to contribute... Also, IMO a high draw percentage also indicates some skill (to convert lost games into a draw by perpetual or repition, for example), in the 1600 to 1900 range perhaps even more so than the rating itself.
- an easy link to the chess.com email () is still absent. (Isee the previous thread I made on this list the topic as resolved, but it is NOT. In IE nor Chrome this link is showing under the home menu.
There's more bugs here than in "starship troopers!"
would "back to the old layout" be a cure-all ?
It is conceivable there are some bugs that would not be fixed by it, but even after two months, I find the new format more cumbersome, slower, missing loads of useful stuff (latest find: link to vote chess leaderboard is gone.. ), not working well with any version of IE and uglier to boot.
Bringing back the old code would in fact solve a lot more problems than it would (re)create, from a user perspective. The slow speed at which stuff is adressed isn't helpful either.
Problems ive noticed:
1. No time display (or ratings either) except for opponent on live chess
2. Tactics Trainer freezing frequently
3. Also, try against computer used to work, no more.
4. Board is crazy small on full board mode. Oh ya, i only have the problem with no time showing up on simple mode.
IE is still the most used browser; and any self respecting site should work with all of the top 5 browsers).
IE hasn't been the most used since 2008. Firefox passed it up long ago and Chrome is actually used the most right now, just beating out FF.It is still in the top 5 however.
I'm getting used to it but I'd still like more contrast.
Depends on who you ask: http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-monthly-201105-201204
And while I couldnt dig up the number for corporate users, I suspect IE has a bigger share there - so no IE means a lot of people cannot go for a quick visit to their chess games during a coffee break....
Yes of course Mago. Have chosen side, voted & submitted move, ticked tracking-box at bottom...
None of the team-members can see team-comment button !
he is right only public comment shows, but are actauly viewing team comment (the tab has been omitted for some reason )
Lack of info on screen is annoying compared to the old version. Seems you have to do a lot of digging to view things like other players ratings and so on. Half the time I don't bother now which I presume is good for the server traffic/load but its a bit annoying when you are a paying member. I've asked this before but have never had an answer - are the changes due to server load? If not then why change or simply add these things back in.
Also Iphone browser.... *dies*