New Site Design Feedback


  • 4 years ago · Quote · #841

    DeepGreene

    Rogwilco wrote:

    Lack of info on screen is annoying compared to the old version.  Seems you have to do a lot of digging to view things like other players ratings and so on.  Half the time I don't bother now which I presume is good for the server traffic/load but its a bit annoying when you are a paying member.  I've asked this before but have never had an answer - are the changes due to server load?  If not then why change or simply add these things back in.

    Also Iphone browser.... *dies*

    We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

    As for the stuff that requires more digging, no, we didn't do anything to "hide" features that were server-intensive. Specifically what data is harder to access than before? In what way is it more difficult to discover a player's rating than previously?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #842

    CBA

    Ain't a big thing for me (I'm just fed up with Explorer!) but before you clicked on a name and saw their online chess stats. Now you click on a name, then click on activity, then click on online chess before you can see stuff such as highest rating, time per move etc

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #843

    DeepGreene

    CBA wrote:

    Ain't a big thing for me (I'm just fed up with Explorer!) but before you clicked on a name and saw their online chess stats. Now you click on a name, then click on activity, then click on online chess before you can see stuff such as highest rating, time per move etc

    Ah yes, you have to expand the "Online" rating section to see the details (rank, best win, etc.). 

    You have to click on a name and then click on "Activity"? I'm already on that tab when I click the name...

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #844

    CBA

    I just clicked your name and was on the chess.com logo above the play...learn...share line.

    But like I said, this was someone else's bugbear.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #845

    gambit-man

    DeepGreene wrote:

    We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

     

    Is there a target time scale? A week? A month? A year?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #846

    kco

    hmm Team Comments is missing for me in the Vote chess, I am using chrome.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #848

    netzach

    & if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

    (am not sure if comments are private anymore seems anyone can read ?)

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #849

    kco

    also note that after I made a comment and post it, the team comment is not there for me to continue making any more comment.  

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #850

    netzach

    In the '' archive '' team-comments button is visible:

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #851

    kco

    netzach wrote:

    & if you decide to click on '' public-comments '' amidst the confusion is no way back. You have to close & open the page again, is nuts !

    Public Comments Archive Team Members

     

    yep that is what I had to do too at the meantime.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #852

    DeepGreene

    We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.. When did the tab disappear?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #853

    netzach

    Quite recently DG last 48hrs or so ?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #854

    The_Istrian

    I don't like the new site format.  After over a month, I still feel like I'm entering a domain with unfamiliar landmarks.  Government mantra: "if it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is broke".

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #855

    gambit-man

    once again my question is overlooked.

    i've had enough

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #856

    kco

    there is no dead line or target time or whatsoever in this website.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #857

    erik

    gambit-man wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:

    We are definitely behind where we wanted to be by now, as regards the mobile browser experience - but we know it needs to be better and we're working on it.

     

    Is there a target time scale? A week? A month? A year?

    i have been pressuring our mobile developer daily to get things fixed. i am hoping to get some key mobile issues fixed within the week. 

    what are the mobile issues that are most pressing for you?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #858

    gambit-man

    it's not mobile issues i'm concerned about, it's layout issues, functionality issues. it's a month a a half now since the changes were made, and so far as i can see (although i now use the site much less) things are all still in the wrong place, don't work or just aren't there at all.

    i asked for a time scale, that was all

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #859

    kco

    too lazy to navigate your way through the chess.com I suppose ?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #860

    kco

    gutartas wrote:

    Vote chess Team comments has disappeared, as told above, and Arkive moves comments too

    they are aware of this and they are working on it.


Back to Top

Post your reply: