New Site Design Feedback

  • #161

    .

  • #162

    Could you give us back the old pop up analyze window in vote chess instead of the whole page window as it is being used now? And pls., pls. fix the analyze window in IE8 browser with Windows XP as OS.

     

    However, it seems to be working with the Chrome browser..

  • #163

    I suppose premium members have a right to complain.  When one is paying it's appropriate to wan't what you want. For the rest of us I have loved this site ever since I found it and I still do.  My background is as a mental health clinician and my assessment is that all of the inner turmoil to change is natural, but one of the few truths in life is that, "Change Is Inevitable".  Since going back has been declared as not an option, lets make our move & move on.  Just as, "over there become here when you arrive" , this too shall soon enough be preceived as the normal and the good old days.

  • #164
    paddyman34 wrote:

     "Change Is Inevitable".

    Not with debit cards. And by move on, you mean by going to another site. because that's where I think most people will be headed. There are many sites that give out for free what this one charges for. Videos for example.

  • #165
    LaskerFan wrote:

    Guys and gals,

    please do not throw YOUR buckets of paint here!

    The new look is here to stay, whether you like it or not (it involves years of hard work). You do not help anyone by saying you do not like it - you will simply be ignored. More constructive (as Erik has said) is (1) to point out bugs that can be fixed, and (2) suggest changes you would like of the current format that can be implemented to make it less unlikeable.

    What is the net benefit of all the hardwork they put in creating this new interface if 75 % of the members don't like it and they are ramming this down our throats telling give it some time and get used to it and we can't go back to the old format because all our efforts wil become waste? The ultimate aim should be to make increase the turnover of the business, and if you spent a lot of money creating a new idea but the people don't likie it, it would be wiser to roll back the idea rather than lose your customers. The best thing would be to please everyone and give customers an option to choose what they like, rather than telling that we spent huge money on this so we are going ahead with this like it or not, you've to live with it.

  • #166

    I think the new layout is brilliant . A massive improvement .WELL DONE THANK YOULaughingCool

  • #167
    Balachandar wrote:
     

    What is the net benefit of all the hardwork they put in creating this new interface if 75 % of the members don't like it and they are ramming this down our throats telling give it some time and get used to it and we can't go back to the old format because all our efforts wil become waste? The ultimate aim should be to make increase the turnover of the business, and if you spent a lot of money creating a new idea but the people don't likie it, it would be wiser to roll back the idea rather than lose your customers. The best thing would be to please everyone and give customers an option to choose what they like, rather than telling that we spent huge money on this so we are going ahead with this like it or not, you've to live with it.

    I think the people who don't like it are a small and very vocal minority.  I am not sure 75% is accurate.  It may seem that way because of all the negativity on the forums, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were only 1000 or so unique members complaining on the forums over the last couple days.  Out of 5 million members, that's not too bad.

  • #168
    jwh315 wrote:
    Balachandar wrote:
     

    What is the net benefit of all the hardwork they put in creating this new interface if 75 % of the members don't like it and they are ramming this down our throats telling give it some time and get used to it and we can't go back to the old format because all our efforts wil become waste? The ultimate aim should be to make increase the turnover of the business, and if you spent a lot of money creating a new idea but the people don't likie it, it would be wiser to roll back the idea rather than lose your customers. The best thing would be to please everyone and give customers an option to choose what they like, rather than telling that we spent huge money on this so we are going ahead with this like it or not, you've to live with it.

    I think the people who don't like it are a small and very vocal minority.  I am not sure 75% is accurate.  It may seem that way because of all the negativity on the forums, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were only 1000 or so unique members complaining on the forums over the last couple days.  Out of 5 million members, that's not too bad.

    Small minority? Nonsense. Look at the number of forums created and number of posts in this forum itself. A minimum 65 %.

    And you're saying only around 1000 have posted out of 5 million. Our of that 5 million, only around 10,000 will log in atleast once in 2 days. Many are multiple accounts of spammers and many created an account and played 1 or 2 live chess games for that day and forgot about this site. There must be atleast 1 million members who haven't logged in since an year. And there are many who simply play games and do not write in forums.

     

    There was even an opinion poll thread created which has now been locked by erik which showed more than double number of votes for 'I Don't Like'. And the votes were in hundreds. And you say only around 1000 out of 5 million feel this is not nice. Since when did not commenting in forums mean accepting that this is nice? How many commented in the forums that this is nice? It would be around 300 - 400. When you make a comparison, at least make a logical one. Compare the 1000 with 300 - 400 not with 5 million. Even an 8 year old child can know that there are millions of inactive users in this site.

  • #169

    Well, I don't like the new format for a lot of reasons, but if it really is here to stay, is there some way it can at least be speeded up?  I have dial-up internet, and it takes about five minutes sometimes for a game to fully load.  If I make my move before it has finished loading, my move does not register.  Same with any notes I make, or any chat messages I try to send.  This format is so cumbersome and slow compared with the old format.  If it were not so slow, I guess I could get used to all the other things I don't like.

  • #170

    Now that I

    've used the new interface a little, I don't mind it much, and I'm sure that after a few more days, I'll like it enough that I'd be pissed if it was changed again.

  • #171

    even if I'm a minority, I'm glad that after trial and error, I get to cancel my premium a minute ago. wow, $49.00 will be put into good use. IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

  • #172

    "I think the people who don't like it are a small and very vocal minority.  I am not sure 75% is accurate.  It may seem that way because of all the negativity on the forums, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were only 1000 or so unique members complaining on the forums over the last couple days.  Out of 5 million members, that's not too bad."

    You really think 5 million inactive members not saying anything is indicative of "the majority likes it?"

  • #173
    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • #174
    THCCKINGJON wrote:

    I closed my facebook acct. over a yr ago from all the tracking bots and what not causing my dial up

    connect to suffer.And take forever to completely Load.. Now with this new site format  Seems the facebook beast shall not

    cease. It would have been good to have a open discussion with the intent to improve

    The functionality and set a more user friendly site into being.. What else has The

    Prevailing principals in store for US Crazy Chess loving Folks.. ...?

    Hi THC.  I recommend using software such as Adblock Plus and Ghostery to block those trackers and speed up your internet experience.

  • #175

    "If it were not so slow, I guess I could get used to all the other things I don't like."

    That should should be part of their customer testimonies. lol

     

  • #176

  • #177

    I thought the new system was going to be faster, mine is twice as slow. Some progress !

  • #178

    Mine is slower as well.

  • #179
    chessplayer1101 wrote:

    "I think the people who don't like it are a small and very vocal minority.  I am not sure 75% is accurate.  It may seem that way because of all the negativity on the forums, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were only 1000 or so unique members complaining on the forums over the last couple days.  Out of 5 million members, that's not too bad."

    You really think 5 million inactive members not saying anything is indicative of "the majority likes it?"

    There is a well known principle that happy customers tell few and unhappy customers tell everyone.  There is very little motivation for a happy chess.com user to take up the cause for the new layout, when a. it's not changing and b. these threads are filled with hostility.  So i think using forum polls to gauge that 75% of chess.com user are unhappy is inaccurate. 

  • #180

    Just noticed this, when you go to my online chess, there is an option to view the games list as a table or as grid. it is in the middle right cornor before the Home - Start New Game - Open Seeks... tab. One good change, choose what you like.

or Join

Online Now