Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
finalli08

You guys are fantastic. I believe it was a welcome change. This is just what the site needed. 

I am confident the team and the players will do all we can to keep this site enjoyable. 

DCMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6fjVpyqGw

DCMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVO8sUrs-Pw

turamon

Eric is there a chance that you tell us why you've made that step??

Just telling us that chess.com is moving forward is not very helpful.

Is there a new webbie or do you want to win investors or sell chess.com? or is there another reason?

and can you please next time send everyone a message so we're not THAT suprised??!!

rigamagician
JustinJ_FairfieldU wrote:

Hi, I am having trouble using the analysis board.  For some reason the window does not have a scroll bar and even when I maximize the window it still isn't big enough to reach the buttons that let you undo moves. I tried both iexplorer 9 64 bit and firefox Namoroka 64 bit but i had the same problem. Anybody have a suggestion on how to fix?

A workaround would be to copy the URL from the Address bar, and then open it a new tab in the main browser window.  Also, in Account - Online Chess Settings, try setting the board size to Tiny, and also in your browser, zoom out a few times.  The move text becomes so small you may not be able to read it anymore, but at least you'll be able to see the buttons.

Carequinha

I believe there are 2 things that need improve...

Speed - faster reaction from our inputs clicks (dont think any keyboard needed)

Live Chess design - pretty obvious, make similar changes but keep before improve speed reaction and had an option to "press" the clock after moving the piece (to simulate real situation... this would be sweet)

shequan
chess_kebabs wrote:

Since you want the suggestions together here in this forum now Erik, will repeat:

Please add more contrast/sharpness/brightness/vibrancy by bolding up 'some' text. The headings in particular.. it's very flat/dull at the moment. Pt size, font chosen, spacing is all fine for me. Also add a little colour between each comment/post, just to separate comments a little more. It's one extreme to the other from old to  new design, and I think a little "meet in the middle' would be ideal. 

Also can the trophies  be made identifiable again please. And can we select which trophies can be put in the showcase on your profile, like before. Not a big issue but was a nice feature. 

you know you're going to make it too "busy". (kidding, I just find people who go a little a nutty about presentation and who say these sorts things ("it's too busy!") amusing and could imagine someone saying this in response to your proposals here)

solarbird

i like the new format. 

chessplayer1101

hamis

Could you give us back the old pop up analyze window in vote chess instead of the whole page window as it is being used now? And pls., pls. fix the analyze window in IE8 browser with Windows XP as OS.

However, it seems to be working with the Chrome browser..

paddyman34

I suppose premium members have a right to complain.  When one is paying it's appropriate to wan't what you want. For the rest of us I have loved this site ever since I found it and I still do.  My background is as a mental health clinician and my assessment is that all of the inner turmoil to change is natural, but one of the few truths in life is that, "Change Is Inevitable".  Since going back has been declared as not an option, lets make our move & move on.  Just as, "over there become here when you arrive" , this too shall soon enough be preceived as the normal and the good old days.

chessplayer1101
paddyman34 wrote:

"Change Is Inevitable".

Not with debit cards. And by move on, you mean by going to another site. because that's where I think most people will be headed. There are many sites that give out for free what this one charges for. Videos for example.

exterminator1

I think the new layout is brilliant . A massive improvement .WELL DONE THANK YOULaughingCool

jwh315
Balachandar wrote:

What is the net benefit of all the hardwork they put in creating this new interface if 75 % of the members don't like it and they are ramming this down our throats telling give it some time and get used to it and we can't go back to the old format because all our efforts wil become waste? The ultimate aim should be to make increase the turnover of the business, and if you spent a lot of money creating a new idea but the people don't likie it, it would be wiser to roll back the idea rather than lose your customers. The best thing would be to please everyone and give customers an option to choose what they like, rather than telling that we spent huge money on this so we are going ahead with this like it or not, you've to live with it.

I think the people who don't like it are a small and very vocal minority.  I am not sure 75% is accurate.  It may seem that way because of all the negativity on the forums, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were only 1000 or so unique members complaining on the forums over the last couple days.  Out of 5 million members, that's not too bad.

dillydream

Well, I don't like the new format for a lot of reasons, but if it really is here to stay, is there some way it can at least be speeded up?  I have dial-up internet, and it takes about five minutes sometimes for a game to fully load.  If I make my move before it has finished loading, my move does not register.  Same with any notes I make, or any chat messages I try to send.  This format is so cumbersome and slow compared with the old format.  If it were not so slow, I guess I could get used to all the other things I don't like.

rhutcheson

Now that I

've used the new interface a little, I don't mind it much, and I'm sure that after a few more days, I'll like it enough that I'd be pissed if it was changed again.

kabawka

even if I'm a minority, I'm glad that after trial and error, I get to cancel my premium a minute ago. wow, $49.00 will be put into good use. IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

chessplayer1101

"I think the people who don't like it are a small and very vocal minority.  I am not sure 75% is accurate.  It may seem that way because of all the negativity on the forums, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were only 1000 or so unique members complaining on the forums over the last couple days.  Out of 5 million members, that's not too bad."

You really think 5 million inactive members not saying anything is indicative of "the majority likes it?"

fvaisey
[COMMENT DELETED]
Paddestoel
THCCKINGJON wrote:

I closed my facebook acct. over a yr ago from all the tracking bots and what not causing my dial up

connect to suffer.And take forever to completely Load.. Now with this new site format  Seems the facebook beast shall not

cease. It would have been good to have a open discussion with the intent to improve

The functionality and set a more user friendly site into being.. What else has The

Prevailing principals in store for US Crazy Chess loving Folks.. ...?

Hi THC.  I recommend using software such as Adblock Plus and Ghostery to block those trackers and speed up your internet experience.