Forums

No free Chess.com email address?

Sort:
Paprika2215

Hi people - I'm here because I have a question about referring friends to this amazing site.

When I invite a friend, to the left of my screen it says "Get a FREE Chess.com email address!". I have already referred two friends to this site, and both became members... but I have not received a Chess.com email address. Why is that? Of course, I already have my own email address but it would be pretty cool to have a Chess.com address! At least, that's what I think! Smile

So... can anyone help me with this? I really think it'd be cool to have a Chess.com email address!

kohai

We need to remove that Frown

Its no longer possible to create @chess.com email addresses sorry.

Paprika2215

Well, if a staff member of this site says it's no longer possible, then I assume it really isn't, no matter what kind of membership you have. I mean, I'm a diamond member myself. It's a pity that it's no longer possible, but I guess it can't be helped. Frown I just hope they will indeed remove the "Get a FREE Chess.com email address!" when inviting a friend, that's all.

kohai
alexlaw wrote:

not even if diamond?

Correct. If you have one already you can continue to use it, but if you don't have one now you won't be able to create one.

SteelerFan43

When I joined chess.com my user name was normanevans6.  When my computer died I purchased a new one and came back as steelerfan43. My old e-mail was ********** with the new computer it is a different email address and you are still taking $5.00 a month from my checking account and I have no problem with that, indeed I want you to continue to do that, but I want my icon to show that I am a paying member. Thank you.

kohai

This is because you have a facebook account and a chess.com account. The premium membership is on your facebook account. The one you're posting from in here now on is your chess.com account

DrFrank124c

Why is it no longer possible to have a chess.com email account, now that I think about it , it would indeed be cool since I already spend so much time on this website. I do not begrude the $99.00 per year membership fee but I think all of us members should rise up and demand a chess.com email account! Let there be a chess.com email spring!  

logicwizard

I have a chess.com email adress so how do I read emails sent to it?

AlanL

To access your email account, click on the Home link in the upper right corner (not one of the choices in the pulldown), then in the left column, there is a link for Email.

crazypigg

I too was following this up as I referred another friend. It's still up there on the refer (and leave a personal message) page. ..anyway ... boing.

vincepaul

11 months later the site still says "get a free @chess.com email address!".

You would think....

durast

I would love to have a chess.com Email address.....

Sad it was removed :((

EdwardHaighChess

19 months and it is still there, you would think the software engineers could have fixed it by now :P

I mean if you there are any web designer jobs going, feel free to send me a message! ;)

Polar_Bear

I am very dissatisfied with with renewed chess.com email service (AddThis email).

I can send an email from there as Polar_Bear@chess.com and the message delivers well, but chess.com fails to notice me I got response and I can't find it and read it.

vondelphia

I too desire an email@chess.com inbox but I think it's been purposefully buried and hidden from the public under excuses and incompetency.

fuzzbug
vondelphia wrote:

I too desire an email@chess.com inbox but I think it's been purposefully buried and hidden from the public under excuses and incompetency.

Annnnnnnnnd another idiot heard from.

Martin_Stahl
vondelphia wrote:

No, they just decided to remove that benefit and not be in the e-mail hosting game. There are plenty of free hosts around.