Forums

Online Store Purchase Outside of US

Sort:
ernestosim01

Hi!

Is there any member here who made a purchase through chess.com outside of US?

How was the experience?

ernestosim01

This seems legit to me: http://www.chess.com/equipment

I think the picture not showing is just a glitch.

billyblatt

I can't see any picture either. It is legitimate definitely, but I'd like to see before buying. Can't just throw my money away to prove to somebody else that I am not thinking less of them.

ernestosim01
BorgQueen wrote:

Just another thing to add to the seemingly ever-increasing list of things broken at this site.

Which is a good thing. At least I'll not be tempted to waste some more.

kohai

The equipment is sold @ wholesalechess.com  not by us.

kohai
BorgQueen wrote:

Just another thing to add to the seemingly ever-increasing list of things broken at this site.

If their website changes or updates images and doesn't tell us we can't update them here.

ollave

When I've looked at shipping costs to Australia I've said "ouch" and counted wholesalechess.com out.

I have bought equipment from the USA: main learning experience: UCSF reguations allow a wider range of piece sizes than FIDE, and "crowd" them on the board more than FIDE, so do consider the board size you buy if you buy a set of pieces with a board. If, of course, you care; I happen not to like my pieces crowded (partly no doubt because I all too often play with pieces designed to match FIDE rules and FIDE 5.5cm squares on larger boards).