Forums

Recently dead and MIA

Sort:
x-5422186413

Love that song!!! 

heinzie

Is NrthrnKnght who I think it is?

goldendog

Reb has let real life push his presence here to virtually zero.

Result: Even Stein is considered his equal by you patzers, and Morphy is a class player now.

trysts

Yes, Reb has certainly disappeared.

TheGrobe

HOGWASH

AndyClifton

He may have moved back to Portugal (I hear the Mateus is wonderful this time of year).

heinzie

AndyClifton.

Moreover, there's something going on with every single thread I post to. What's up with that.

winerkleiner

I blame AndyClifton, he promised to cause mischief from beyond!

bigpoison
goldendog wrote:

We've lost a few major contributors lately. The forums are much poorer without them.

orangehonda--account closed c. mid February.

trysts--account closed soon after orangehonda's was.

theoreticalboy--account open but it's been a month since he's visited the site. My guess is that he misses trysts and may be protesting.

OmarCayenne (tonydal)--Hasn't been on the site since February 20. Very unlike him, and I assume he's moved on but at least has left his account open and so we can still read his many contributions. Best limericks evah.

I have always felt the site can do without anyone and continue on, as good as before, but I definitely have felt the quality of the forums diminished due to the loss of the above luminaries. If only for the loss of tonydal, and if only for my use of him as a canary in a coal mine: If he posted in a thread that was a good indicator that there was something worthwhile there.

The top two are back.  Sadly, all of T-Bone's limericks have evaported into the ether.

goldendog

Yea. We lost the terribe trio's humor.

It's not like there's a replacement for him.

Site loses. Forums lose. We all lose.

I guess we're safe from his jokes now, though.

bigpoison

Yup.  Tony, Reb, and Ozzie have been replaced by Larry, Moe, and Curly.

goldendog

Larry, Moe, and Curly at age 14.

bigpoison

I get a note once in a while from Ozzie, but never see him in the forums anymore. 

I'm worried about Reb's psyche.  He may well be wandering Oklahoma, armed.

And Tony?  Well, it's about enough to make me puke.

goldendog
bigpoison wrote:

I get a note once in a while from Ozzie, but never see him in the forums anymore. 

I'm worried about Reb's psyche.  He may well be wandering Oklahoma, armed.

And Tony?  Well, it's about enough to make me puke.

Yes. Reports of a disturbed figure roaming the streets and mumbling Roll Tide?

Ozzie is infrequent though I did see him not so long ago.

I remember those days when tonydal/ozzie/reb were our big 3 in the forums.

rooperi

Another one missing from the forums is artfizz, wonder why he doesnt post here anymore.

Crazychessplaya

Artfizz is still here, but in terms of new threads, he seems to have boycotted AD 2013.

heinzie

are you guys starting to miss me already?

corrijean

Cystem is still around. He's even interesting when he talks about boring subjects.

bigpoison

Stats' never post anymore, either.

I miss ya', heinzie.

TheGrobe
corrijean wrote:

Cystem is still around. He's even interesting when he talks about boring subjects.

It's telling when one of the best threads in the forums is about the weather.... either about Cystem, the fourms, or maybe a little bit of both.