Forums

Rematch in bullet!how hard can it be?

Sort:
heine-borel

"there are no players with [than] 2100 with class"-uarefunny.

Sure about that? Because it seems like there's one >2100 who doesn't have any.

Oh wait...ur rating is <2100...<2000 even as I'm writing...

And if ur talking otb, then that first statement is totally wrong. 90% of otb serious players have plenty of class, no matter the game result.

If you feel so strongly, why don't you say instead "most players under 2100 dont have class", although that would still mean a majority, and I disagree with that. US players may not be the best, but they are definitely the most polite.

vuts

i think that players who rematch are the better players.... not because they can win or lose but because they allow the other player a chance to win or lose again and play a new style. especially after they see that you made a odd or "dumb" blunder. some players dont want a fun hard game they just want the free points thats why they play people that are way lower in rating. that is my opinion.

heine-borel
vuts wrote:

i think that players who rematch are the better players.... not because they can win or lose but because they allow the other player a chance to win or lose again and play a new style. especially after they see that you made a odd or "dumb" blunder. some players dont want a fun hard game they just want the free points thats why they play people that are way lower in rating. that is my opinion.

Yeah. Rating is prestige. But blitz and especially bullet ratings fluctuate like crazy. It's stressful. One time, I had a winning streak of unrateds (and my opponents were clearly trying) that would have boosted me to 18-1900s bullet. I lost another streak later on of about 10 games or so (not a streak, I won some, but lost most).

vuts

yep and if those games make you mad that you are losing then its a good time to stop and review your games so that you dont have the same mastake game after game. i find that i tend to make the same blunder multipule games in a row so i sometimes enjoy the study of all the rematches that i have played. how hard can it be...... perhaps one might ask how serious and dedicated you are to haveing boat loads of fun!

heine-borel

Well, to be honest, those mistakes are mainly basic tactics and such...

If I were to fix them, as in not play them anymore in the actual games anymore, I would lose in 15 moves (on time).

When you find yourself thinking in bullet, you know you are in trouble. Advice from a really strong blitz/bullet player.

heine-borel

I suggest unrated games. If US players say bad things, block the chat and block them.

rger21

uarefunny wrote:

I just lost 50 points because ( except i not sleep at all ) i am frustrated, they all want rematch when they are losing rating here, but ( because of my better rating ) when they win and result is 1:1 or 3:2 for me they runaway. And when i dont want rematch because he is from USA and they do that 95% he said many bad things.

Lolololol

Sir I dont deny I am amateur... I play chess for fun. I'm 34 and started playing 2 years ago. You talk about my rating being 1348, thats my rating for standard. But did you take the time to.see the last time I played a blitz or standard game here? My last standard game was in Sept 2011 and my last blitz game was Sept 2012. You see.. I dont play that much in Chess.com so you commenting and making statements about what I can or can't understand by just looking at a random number that indicates my "strenght" is not very smart.

Fluxman

Stalin would never have given anyone a second chance. After a game I just hit "next" and go on. It's a 1min game! Who cares? It kills me when people accuse you of just being "fast" and not intelligent. It's a 1min game! That's the whole point,speed!

iosif_vissarion
Fluxman wrote:

Stalin would never have given anyone a second chance. After a game I just hit "next" and go on. It's a 1min game! Who cares? It kills me when people accuse you of just being "fast" and not intelligent. It's a 1min game! That's the whole point,speed!

The post is not about Stalin or accusing someone of being fast in bullet!Since its bullet each side should play white once.And it only takes a couple of minutes to rematch.That's all.

L2Gt

Nobody cares

bean_Fischer

For a rematch, I will boil some water, make some coffee, brush my teeth, take a bath, then drink my coffee, water the garden, and so on. It will take me a whole day for a rematch, I would rather forget it.

bean_Fischer

Oh, ya, did I forget to mention that i will listen to my favorite musics?

sftac
jsph_stln wrote:

.They dont even consider why titled players always play at least one rematch.

They do?  Well, play titled players then.

Else, tough it out and play the mob.  Some will rematch, some wont'

sftac

LoveYouSoMuch
sftac wrote:
jsph_stln wrote:

.They dont even consider why titled players always play at least one rematch.

They do?  Well, play titled players then.

nah it's a lie

anyway i also like increment ("bonus time") games. i'd even go as far as saying that i think that the standard of play is somewhat higher in 2 1 compared to 3 0, though that's probably not actually true

Elubas

I play with increment because I want to avoid games that are decided on premoves. Although mutual time scrambles with increment may be less chaotic than those without, I think those with increment are nonetheless more tense because both sides are desperately using their last few seconds to do the best they can with the position (but still having to make sure they move in time), instead of only caring about how to get enough premoves. You still have to maintain some standard of play -- with no increment it is plausible to go down a queen if the game is reaching its last few seconds; the same is totally untrue with increment, even a 1 second increment.

I am much more afraid of blunders with increment because I know I can't lean back on premoving my opponent to death. In that way increment puts a lot of pressure on me, especially in situations where I have to convert an endgame advantage, fearing at any point I may mess all of it up.

konhidras

if the index finger isnt painful yet and the eyes not yet a bit cross-eyed then i guess it wouldnt be \hard to give a rematch

Scott_Southall

People like you cannot take losing so you have to request a rematch after a loss. You can't just simply move on and play someone else. You HAVE to play the same person again to "redeem" yourself for your loss, or maybe prove to yourself that you're better than them. I played you in one game, I won, I declined a rematch. Then you posted on my activity "one more of the best running chickens in this site!!!"

Now who's being disrespectful? I think it's more disrespectful to demand a rematch and expect people to accept every time you lose. Part of growing up is accepting losing.

damnLucky
[COMMENT DELETED]
bean_Fischer

People who wants a rematch but complain should learn courtesy.

blotnik
[COMMENT DELETED]