Forums

RSS feed

Sort:
longcat

it would be great if there was an individual RSS feed for each member showing games that it was their move in...

so members could use a live bookmark or something like it to see if it's their move without having to log onto the site x

erik
great idea! :) we'll look into it
doctor-ice
longcat wrote:

it would be great if there was an individual RSS feed for each member showing games that it was their move in...

so members could use a live bookmark or something like it to see if it's their move without having to log onto the site x

for those of us who are technologically challenged,what is a/an rss feed? and anyway,what's so difficult about loggin onto the site? i have a shortcut on my desktop-one click and im in!

longcat

firefox introduced live bookmarks a little while back which show/use RSS feeds, and i'm now addicted to them, so for the blogs & webcomics i read, i just click on the live bookmark and it shows me what the most recent updates are, if nothing new has happened since i went there last i don't bother visiting the site,

i find chess.com is quite slow at loading so a live bookmark/RSS feed would be good for me, but of course not everyone would use that function if it were available x

billwall
I use Google Reader and have added RSS subscriptions from www.chess.com articles, blogs, and news (having a problem with forums).  I have also added (subscribed) New York Times chess, Susan Polgar Chess Blog, Daily Dirt Chess Blog, and Massacusetts Chess Assoication.  What other RSS feeds related to chess has other users subscribed to?
erik
we have now implemented an RSS feed of your games :) check your echess homepage.
longcat

cool, just to wait until it's my move to check out if it works... just a suggestion but the "(Empty)" could be replaced with something like "it's not your move"

thanks for acting on the idea x 

orejano
I think the RSS is not working....
erik
why not? :)
orejano
because its empty. I mean the rss for my own games. I just had one game to move and the RSS was just empty.
longcat

whatever you're using to read the RSS feed doesn't update all the time, it would be wasteful of connections to do so, so it tends to be a little slow at responding to changes in the "real" world, if you're using firefox live bookmarks (which is what i use and is all i know about) then rightclick on the live bookmark and "reload live bookmark"... this brings it up to the minute

artfizz

Any chance of an RSS feed for Upcoming Tournaments? (in addition to the existing RSS feeds for: events, articles, blogs, daily puzzles, daily columns, chessopedia and games). Ideally, it would contain all the fields suggested in the tournament-filter--selection-wizard.

ilikeflags

rss feeds are important.

mtorres73
longcat wrote:

erik wrote:
we have now implemented an RSS feed of your games :) check your echess homepage.

I wasn't able to find the RSS feed (after looking through settings, my Daily chess page,...) . Is this feed still a thing? (I'ld love it to still be a thing tongue.png )