Some players have self-esteem issues

JustAGameBoy
Don’t pin your self-esteem on online chess. It’s pathetic to see you cuss and whine just because you can’t handle losing. Move on, grow up. Yes, you.
CRYYSIS
JustAGameBoy wrote:
Don’t pin your self-esteem on online chess. It’s pathetic to see you cuss and whine just because you can’t handle losing. Move on, grow up. Yes, you.

NO U

ANOK1

chess is ego mate , we all want to win , however no chess champion has gone unbeaten in their life , but they did work out how they got beat , a great example is Botvinnik , in reclaiming the title from Tal , 2 years of analysing his games where he lost his title , gave him the confidence to reclaim it 

that is the strength it takes to defeat the magician 

JustAGameBoy
@ANOK1...I totally understand that and have nothing against it. I’m addressing the online bully who, after losing, itches for verbal abuse of another player (sometimes of an unsuspecting kid). Pathetic.
darwinwasright
JustAGameBoy wrote:
Don’t pin your self-esteem on online chess. It’s pathetic to see you cuss and whine just because you can’t handle losing. Move on, grow up. Yes, you.

An example of an attention seeking post

JustAGameBoy

@darwinwasright...and it got your attention. I hope it didn’t sting that much.

darwinwasright
JustAGameBoy wrote:

@darwinwasright...and it got your attention. I hope it didn’t sting that much.

No I just consider the immaturity of the source and forget about it.

JustAGameBoy
darwinwasright wrote:

No I just consider the immaturity of the source and forget about it.

Well...as long as you're not one of those verbal abusers who think anonymity is an excuse for offensive language (even toward younger players)...but you probably won't understand unless you're at the receiving end of some of the nastiness.  Probably not.  So, yes, enjoy the game and thanks.

autobunny
JustAGameBoy wrote:
Don’t pin your self-esteem on online chess. It’s pathetic to see you cuss and whine just because you can’t handle losing. Move on, grow up. Yes, you.

Some players have self-esteem issues

Only some? 

astronomer111
JustAGameBoy wrote:
Don’t pin your self-esteem on online chess. It’s pathetic to see you cuss and whine just because you can’t handle losing. Move on, grow up. Yes, you.

I see you must have been playing against Trump

darwinwasright
JustAGameBoy wrote:
darwinwasright wrote:

No I just consider the immaturity of the source and forget about it.

Well...as long as you're not one of those verbal abusers who think anonymity is an excuse for offensive language (even toward younger players)...but you probably won't understand unless you're at the receiving end of some of the nastiness.  Probably not.  So, yes, enjoy the game and thanks.

I will enjoy it despite any insane psychotic homicidal rage that might be below the suave and cool exterior I present anonymously. Good chess to you too.

JustAGameBoy
SorryImAnon wrote:

If you can't handle sore losers don't play with strangers.

I respect the opinion though I disagree with the premise. I can handle sore losers, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't speak against extreme behavior. Besides, I've met wonderful strangers through this medium.

bartnic1

You see it in many online games not just chess. Not much you can do. I personally just try to grow a thick skin because there's no way moderation or an appeal to humanity will fix this. Its humanity which is broken.

m_connors

I guess these actions only happen during live games. I have never had a problem (or been the problem) in daily games. You can never (or seldom) control what is done to you; however, you can always control how you respond. Don't let someone else's snit put you into one . . .

JustAGameBoy
SorryImAnon wrote:

If you can't handle sore losers don't play with strangers.

This is like saying "If you don't want  to be in a car accident, then don't ride in a car." I don't think the options are that narrow. 

ChessVesuvius
JustAGameBoy wrote:
Don’t pin your self-esteem on online chess. It’s pathetic to see you cuss and whine just because you can’t handle losing. Move on, grow up. Yes, you.

Having self-esteem issues?

52yrral

I for one am very confident with my low self-esteem,happy.png

Optimissed
JustAGameBoy wrote:
SorryImAnon wrote:

If you can't handle sore losers don't play with strangers.

I respect the opinion though I disagree with the premise. I can handle sore losers, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't speak against extreme behavior. Besides, I've met wonderful strangers through this medium.>>

SorryImAnon clearly does not play with strangers. In fact, all her games are set up. I'm not saying all the results are fixed .... but check her games and wonder how EVERY three day game (some 14 days per move too) was finished inside the two days she has been a member here. Many of the people within this group display a similar pattern. I'm just saying this because it's clear who "she" is.

Optimissed
SorryImAnon wrote:
bartnic1 wrote:

You see it in many online games not just chess. Not much you can do. I personally just try to grow a thick skin because there's no way moderation or an appeal to humanity will fix this. Its humanity which is broken.

If humanity isn't beautiful you're not in with the right people.>>

It clearly isn't beautiful to you.