Forums

Super Admin critical feature needed

Sort:
Chicky_Chicky

I have come across certain circumstances , where someone on my team may post something unacceptable in group notes and as Super Admin of my group/Team , I have the ability to remove any such material.  But I have just noticed that this feature is not availabe any longer in private team forums. This feature was there and has since been removed. So now in order to remove something innapropriate or against Chess.com policies, one has to delete the entire forum.  I wish this feature would be restored. Does anyone know how to go about this ? I would appreciate any response. I an certain that this is pretty important to all Admins in all teams.

chess_kebabs

I haven't seen any comments in my own group forums that  needed removing for a long time, so didn't really notice the feature had been removed... but if it has then I agree it should be reinstated. Why remove a feature that helped SA's manage their teams better? 

Daryl_F

YOU? Worried about unacceptable behavior?  Inconceivable!

Chicky_Chicky

Well I have turned over a new leaf Daryl_F    .... Hard to believe I know 

Daryl_F

Time will tell - the site is watching you...

Chicky_Chicky

Back on Topic:  I have come across certain circumstances , where someone on my team may post something unacceptable in group notes and as Super Admin of my group/Team , I have the ability to remove any such material.  But I have just noticed that this feature is not availabe any longer in private team forums. This feature was there and has since been removed. So now in order to remove something innapropriate or against Chess.com policies, one has to delete the entire forum.  I wish this feature would be restored. Does anyone know how to go about this ? I would appreciate any response. I an certain that this is pretty important to all Admins in all teams.

Zonderling

I see no problem in a forum that makes an lawful removal. Otherwise please contact the staff and ask them for clarification.

Chicky_Chicky

By:Zonderling 
I see no problem in a forum that makes an lawful removal. 
Otherwise please contact the staff and ask them for clarification.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Chicky_Chicky:
I agree completely , but the problem is that there used to be a feature available only to Super Admins. And this feature gave us the ability to remove that one post by that one individual, in private team forums. This feature is no longer available. So say if someone where to post something unnacceptable we are forced to delete the entire forum , whereas before we were able to remove just that single post.

Zonderling

Then that would be an option again for the ' super ' moderators. I believe that must be possible after proper consultation with the staff of chess.com.

Chicky_Chicky

Zonderling  I think that what you say is a good suggestion , I was just curious to see perhaps if anyone had noticed and was hoping to get support by other Super Admins in order to try to get this feature restored. Perhaps there was a reason that it was removed? I don't know but soon will definitely have some news, and thank you dear friend for your help.

Zonderling

It is a pleasure for me and I wish you success with the forthcoming negotiation

electricpawn

It would be interesting to know why it was removed. Maybe there is a technical glitch, and the removal was unintentional. I would think that the site would be happy to let the Super Admins do some of the policing of content in groups.

Knucklehead-2

You could bring up the topic in Admin Training Corner, where there are many admins there to give you an opinion.

chess_kebabs

Chicky is not after an admin's opinion fdCory, she's after an explanation from staff why it was removed and asking for it to be returned. 

Knucklehead-2

chess_kababs, an Admin might lead her to the right channed or person.  

I heard you had a run-in with Chess.com.   Why don't you give her some influencial names??

NimzoRoy

Chicky_Chicky First of all, why do you use a bizarre color combination that makes it difficult to read what you're posting (such as red on black)

Next, click on Help & Support and contact the staff directly with your question.

Chicky_Chicky

NimzoRoy  

I have no Idea why this color combination shows up here , other than it's part of the theme combination for my team Ninja Empire. I have psted before in the pubic forums and it was always a plain white background... But anyway , yep thanks for that piece of advice, I have already sent this question in to staff. I wasn't sure who to send it too at first. I know Kohai is terrific, so I had the issue in question sent to her as we speak .. Thx 

Eseles
NimzoRoy wrote:

Chicky_Chicky First of all, why do you use a bizarre color combination that makes it difficult to read what you're posting (such as red on black)

I don't know why, but i know how you can make those more readable: Click+hold+drag your mouse across those coloured lines for the colours to go away

chess_kebabs

Ticket is the  best way to get an answer from staff Chicky.. good luck. :)

chess_kebabs

I have no current issues with staff fdCory, I had one in the past but it's sorted.. spoke with Erik only today about my son's golfing career and he wished my son good luck. :)