Forums

Thank you. Fair banning rules

Sort:
breakerofwind
Ruby-Fischer wrote:

I think those rules sound fair enough.

I find the use of data bases and chess explorer which is acceptable on here to be unfair. Whats the difference between these and an engine? Your still getting advice on the best move.

Hi Ruby (I won't use your other name),

The difference between a database and an engine is that the engine makes the move for you whereas a database indicates a move and you decide if it's any good. 

AndyClifton
breakerofwind wrote:

Hi Ruby (I won't use your other name),

Fair enough, breaker.

Ruby-Fischer

What's my other name then?

And erm..... I don't use either, but I would assume you could equally decide not to make the move suggested by the engine.

Ruby-Fischer

Anyway, sorry to wander from the point of the forum.

Just there are some grey areas now. It is not like correspondence chess where people send postcards and check the moves out with whatever books they have. People have access to extensive data bases.

If you have enough advatage from the first seven/eight moves the game should play itself. 

To my mind, you either use your brain power.... or you are cheating. 

Maybe thats for another forum.

waffllemaster
Ruby-Fischer wrote:

Anyway, sorry to wander from the point of the forum.

Just there are some grey areas now. It is not like correspondence chess where people send postcards and check the moves out with whatever books they have. People have access to extensive data bases.

If you have enough advatage from the first seven/eight moves the game should play itself. 

To my mind, you either use your brain power.... or you are cheating. 

Maybe thats for another forum.

Databases don't contain bad moves.  So if you receive help from, say a database of master games, it means the position is approximately still equal.

Sure there exist less-than-favorable variations.  But nothing on the level of "the game should play itself."  At least not at our level lol (I don't know how good you think you are...)

bronsteinitz

goldendog wrote:

I suspect a miscommunication, and that there's been no rules change.

Bronsteinitz:

Typical that a canine that does not even dare to play a single game and is not very often kind to weaker creatures, calls me confused. I discussed this very clearly with erik and he gave the permission to post this thread. I have done what i wanted to do and will follow from far how this positive message is treated by the wildlife. The boss wrote it to me and i trust him.

goldendog

Now I suspect I hurt your itty bitty feelings.

Not that I care. Get a thicker skin. It's the internet, ya know?

And to which "weaker creatures" have I been unkind? Cite the threads. There must be many to spawn such a plaintive wail.

bronsteinitz

Yes, sure, it is the internet. I know you do not care. Everybody knows.

goldendog

Still waiting for all those cites where I attack "weaker creatures."

Bullies tend to fade when confronted, ya know?

Waiting. Waiting.

bronsteinitz

I will not spend a second more on this. I play and pay.

goldendog

..and run away...when confronted.

bronsteinitz

I am not confronted, you are.

NimzoRoy

Let's see the message from Erik, verbatim instead of your sayso in the matter.

goldendog

How childish.

If you got those cites for your accusation of my attacking "weaker creatures" I'm sure we'd all love to read them.

(that was confronting the BS-er, ya know?)

bronsteinitz

Nimzo, i do not publish message exchanges with people. Ask him.

bronsteinitz

And do you think somebody on this site would be so silly, to put words in the mouth of the site owner that are not correct? I would not, i assure you. Kind regards

NimzoRoy

I'll be more than happy to apologize if and when I'm corrected - someone is checking with Eric now.

zborg

This is a very active thread.  Surprised it wasn't locked already.

Teja

We should also remember there are more than one reason why a person is banned for cheating. Having multiple accounts is also considered cheating. So presumably these members are let back in once their other accounts are deleted, whether voluntarily or by chess.com. 

bronsteinitz

Nimzo, no need to apologise. You ask a reasonable question. Check with Erik as you say. No issue at all possible.

This forum topic has been locked