FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

It's ended?? Draw?

He he he it's draw

Tyrsts, have you even finished your chai? Frown

Anand should change his name to Drawnand

DRAW! Five games and five draws. I wonder if this has ever happened in a world chess championship? 

Well, the score remains tied, 2.5 - 2.5. One win could be all that is needed in this one. Thank you for all your comments everyone! I'll see y'all tomorrow, same time, same threadLaughing

keju wrote:

Tyrsts, have you even finished your chai?

Laughing I just finished one cup.

Iam_ur_pappa wrote:

Laughing +1

It's a sign for us to stop lazing around and get back to some real work. Cry

trysts wrote:

I wonder if this has ever happened in a world chess championship? 

1985 match between Kasparov and Karpov. At one point there were 10 consecutive draws.

backrankblues wrote:
    Iam_ur_pappa wrote:

+1

Anbland and Gelfbland?

Boreis Gelfbland.

Scottrf wrote:

Boreis Gelfbland.

Laughing 

Or Drawis.

Very Bory Gelfand

Two whites in a row for Gelfand now should mean that the probability of two more draws, to begin with, is rather high.

franknstein wrote:
    trysts wrote:

I wonder if this has ever happened in a world chess championship? 

1985 match between Kasparov and Karpov. At one point there were 10 consecutive draws.

The Kasparov-Anand match in 1995 started with eight draws but then it had five decisive games in the following six and I don't see something like that happening here.

Yes... :))

Clever of them to get the game over in 26-moves though !

(wish could do that in my own-games) Smile

5 games and 5 draws.

I'll give you my analysis and it's based partly on this quote by Gelfand concering the 1st game, "could not see any specific ways for Black to fight for an advantage".

The interactive analysis on chess.com TV concluded (without learing of this statement) that black had every chance of winning. 

Gefland's attitude shows a lack of courage to try and win a risky battle by the way he declared he did not wish to enter into a scenario where he could not foresee a definite. He does not therefore in my eyes merit to be the champion. No one has ever been (or as far as I know) or can ever be world champion without ever entering into uncharted territory or taking a risk especially when he (or she) has a fair chance.

This negative attitude of a worthy world champion.

Anand is surely rubbing his hands with glee to be opposed to such a scaredy cat.

I believe that Anand will retain his title against Gefland because of this.

It will end 6-6 with Anand winning on the rapid games.

Anand and Gelfand are having a picnic in Drawland Laughing 

Just on a side note, these grandmaster games appear so simple - my games with computer 3 hard are so complicated! Grrrr... so much for being a 1600! Laughing

One explanation is that Anand's team have not found a weakness in the Gruenfeld yet, so meanwhile, to buy time, just test e4 to see what Gelfand has prepared there. Now they know it's Sicilian Sveshnikov. Possibly Anand's main task today was simply to find out how Gelfand handles e4.

Online Now