TheGrobe's waffles burned; please tell me how awesome I am (maybe donate to him)

electricpawn

Cystem_Phailure

Everyone please thank me now for not posting a vid of Captain & Tennille singing Muskrat Love.

And everyone please join me in condemning whichever twit does post it now that I mentioned it.

wishiwonthatone

thank you.

no....REALLY! THANK YOU!

 I love you man....

cabadenwurt

Well I must say that this thread has come to remind me of a typical Seinfeld episode, the plot wanders here and there ( perhaps even hither and yonder ) and most everyone has a fun time  lol. 

theoreticalboy

Seinfeld episodes tended to coalesce into a finale that tied all the disparate strands together.  You want to try that one?

Oh wait, we know the unifying theme; my mecha-thirsty-roman-dopeness.

Cystem_Phailure
theoreticalboy wrote:

Seinfeld episodes tended to coalesce into a finale that tied all the disparate strands together.


We're working toward it.  Might take a few years . . . 

theoreticalboy

A thread lock a la "if you know" doesn't count.

mrguy888
theoreticalboy wrote:

A thread lock a la "if you know" doesn't count.


I don't know about that. That is pretty much how Seinfeld ended.

theoreticalboy

Aaaaaaaand it was a pretty bad ending...

Cystem_Phailure

Horrible ending.  No show's planned final episode should be a "clips" show.

bigpoison

It was fitting then, no?  A bad ending for a bad television show.

theoreticalboy

Seinfeld at its peak was great.  One shouldn't judge it based on its lump-of-turd final season.

bigpoison

I didn't get it...too dumb, I guess.

theoreticalboy

It's funny, for all its hype as "a show about nothing," the Seinfeld universe was very specific in its dissection of the lifestyles rules of a rather limited group of people (middle-class New York white Jews, essentially).  What always impressed me was how self-centered and generally mean they were.  It's rare for an American show to have its central characters be cruel without pushing it to the extremes of criminality.

bigpoison

"The Three Stooges"!  Now that's humo(u)r I can understand!

mrguy888
theoreticalboy wrote:

It's funny, for all its hype as "a show about nothing," the Seinfeld universe was very specific in its dissection of the lifestyles rules of a rather limited group of people (middle-class New York white Jews, essentially). 


Seinfeld is probably the only show that beats mythbusters in terms of how often you can say "There was a _________ episode about that."

cabadenwurt

I'm in shock !!! Crticism about the Seinfeld show, truly ghastly  lol. I guess like any hit show there were episodes that were not as good as others ( pressure to keep to a schedule ? ). For example I have been a fan of the orginal Star Trek series since it was first produced ( yes I have a thread on the go about the show lol ) and yet there were episodes of that show that I didn't care for. Of course another fact is that we all have different tastes as well. But could we please Digitally re-create Doctor McCoy and Scotty etc and produce some new episodes of Star Trek ( the Original series ) --- Please Please Please --- 

mrguy888
cabadenwurt wrote:

I'm in shock !!! Crticism about the Seinfeld show, truly ghastly  lol. I guess like any hit show there were episodes that were not as good as others ( pressure to keep to a schedule ? ). For example I have been a fan of the orginal Star Trek series since it was first produced ( yes I have a thread on the go about the show lol ) and yet there were episodes of that show that I didn't care for. Of course another fact is that we all have different tastes as well. But could we please Digitally re-create Doctor McCoy and Scotty etc and produce some new episodes of Star Trek ( the Original series ) --- Please Please Please --- 


They would have to digitally re-create all the characters or the show would end up like The New Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.

Cystem_Phailure
theoreticalboy wrote:

Seinfeld at its peak was great.


Newman was the man.  I've spent years trying to become more like Newman.

mrguy888
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

Seinfeld at its peak was great.


Newman was the man.  I've spent years trying to become more like Newman.


I think your time would have been used better trying to make someone that you know more like Newman.