This town needs a new sheriff

  • #1

    Make me a mod and I'll rule with an iron fist

    There'll be no more spam, trolling, ignorance, cloned threads etc. Serious chess discussion is an endangered beast here and I can fix that...just give me the power Wink

    Don't worry, you can all still have your fun where appropriate ie. in the Fun With Chess section Kiss

  • #2

  • #3
    theoreticalboy wrote:

     


     Reported

     

    just kidding....see I'm fun too Laughing

  • #4

    But do it again and I'll send you to the Gulag Undecided

  • #5

    Van Gogh is an idiot.  Long live brilliantboy!

  • #6
    thinkdeeplistengood wrote:

    brilliantboy calls fischer an idiot and his fans fischerette and thinks the same of

    Van Gogh and now he wants to be moderator .Wonder witch drug he takes.

    Got to be something hard


     What kind of sensible person goes on the radio to laugh at the death of thousands of innocent people?

    What kind of sensible person cuts off his own ear and gives it to a prostitute?

    Whether because of mental health difficulties or other reasons, yes...they were idiots for at least some of their lives (but who isn't I suppose?). Just because these men created great art doesn't mean we have mimic their actions and to take everything they say as gospel.

    Edit: Also, I thought you were banned p187

  • #7
    thinkdeeplistengood wrote:

    brilliantboy calls fischer an idiot and his fans fischerette and thinks the same of

    Van Gogh and now he wants to be moderator


    He does? Rock and roll!

  • #8
    brilliantboy wrote:

    Make me a mod and I'll rule with an iron fist

    There'll be no more spam, trolling, ignorance, cloned threads etc. Serious chess discussion is an endangered beast here and I can fix that...just give me the power 

    Don't worry, you can all still have your fun where appropriate ie. in the Fun With Chess section 


    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????//////////////////////////////////////

  • #9
    Benju13 wrote:
    brilliantboy wrote:

    Make me a mod and I'll rule with an iron fist

    There'll be no more spam, trolling, ignorance, cloned threads etc. Serious chess discussion is an endangered beast here and I can fix that...just give me the power 

    Don't worry, you can all still have your fun where appropriate ie. in the Fun With Chess section 


    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????//////////////////////////////////////

     

    Did you lean on your keyboard? If it weren't for the /s, I'd assume you were telling him that in your opinion his latest post was a major blunder. But with the /s as well, I'll shoot for "leaned on your keyboard".

    Right?

  • #10

    Van Gogh was brilliant! He was insane, yes, but there is a fine line between being an idiot and being insane. You can be smart and have mental issues as well.

  • #11

    Possible justification or not, the guy was still an idiot.

  • #12

    THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING AN IDIOT AND BEING INSANE!!! HE WAS THE EINSTIEN OF HIS TIME!!! 

  • #13

    He can be a genius all he wants, he's still an idiot.

  • #14

    You just completely contradicted yourself.

  • #15
    chessdude46 wrote:

    You just completely contradicted yourself.


    If you think that the descriptions of genius and idiot are mutually exculsive, then you have a very limited view of reality.

  • #16
    brilliantboy wrote:

    Make me a mod and I'll rule with an iron fist

    There'll be no more spam, trolling, ignorance, cloned threads etc. Serious chess discussion is an endangered beast here and I can fix that...just give me the power 

    Don't worry, you can all still have your fun where appropriate ie. in the Fun With Chess section 


     I suppose "big brother" is out of the question?

  • #17

    Look at other insane and smart people, Nikola Tesla, for example.

  • #18
    oinquarki wrote:
    chessdude46 wrote:

    You just completely contradicted yourself.


    If you think that the descriptions of genius and idiot are mutually exculsive, then you have a very limited view of reality.


    srsly.  These people here are kinda cute.

  • #19

    According to the song (I shot the sheriff) I think I would rather be the deputy.

  • #20
    theoreticalboy wrote:
    oinquarki wrote:
    chessdude46 wrote:

    You just completely contradicted yourself.


    If you think that the descriptions of genius and idiot are mutually exculsive, then you have a very limited view of reality.


    srsly.  These people here are kinda cute.

    Cute is not the right description for me.


Top
or Join

Online Now