Forums

Warning from moderator?

Sort:
Lzzie

I tried to say something in chat and I got this notification that I received a warning from a moderator and that I had to be careful, cause I could get thrown out.
I never saw any warning, (and frankly I have no idea what that warning would be for), and I can't find it in my inbox either.
How do I find out what that warning is for?

kco

swearing ?

red-lady

Well if you repeat it here and it is removed by a mod. It will probably be bad language. What did you say? Cool

ElKitch

some words like s**t and f**k are easily typed and for us Dutchies not very bad words. On this site (and in movies etc) they are. Could it be that you typed a word like that after a blunder? :)

red-lady

America is different, I suppose. We swear a lot more in Europe. Even on tv... Wink It is not censored in any way.

Lzzie

I have no idea what I said, I was really surprised 'cause I don't swear, I don't threaten and I don't cheat at all. Unlike some of my opponents....
Maybe I said the s-word once, cause to me Dutchie it's just another word voor p**p (can I say p**p?!)...

NimzoRoy

Click on Help & Support at the bottom of the page and contact the staff directly. They probably don't know anymore than you do since the moderators are volunteers and not staff members, but at least you'll let them know you aren't intentionally ignoring the warning. 

kco

if it was swearing, she would have been warned by an autobot.

Irontiger
red-lady wrote:

America is different, I suppose. We swear a lot more in Europe. Even on tv...  It is not censored in any way.

Hmmm... Depends in which country.

red-lady
Lzzie wrote:

I have no idea what I said, I was really surprised 'cause I don't swear, I don't threaten and I don't cheat at all. Unlike some of my opponents....
Maybe I said the s-word once, cause to me Dutchie it's just another word voor p**p (can I say p**p?!)...

P**P? The next letter is an o? You are from the Netherlands!

Noreaster

Profanity=lack of class

red-lady
Irontiger wrote:
red-lady wrote:

America is different, I suppose. We swear a lot more in Europe. Even on tv...  It is not censored in any way.

I have family in Boulogne-sur-Mer... Wink

kco
Noreaster wrote:

Profanity=lack of class

agreed.

red-lady
kco wrote:
Noreaster wrote:

Profanity=lack of class

agreed.

Yes, but it is not always used to hurt people. It can be used to spice up things. We even have a dictionary of such words...

kohai

If you were auto warned or kicked, then it would have either been for the use of a word on the auto filter (swearing), or for spamming game chat.

Our system warns first, if that warning is ignored, it then prevents you from chatting for 60 minutes.  If after that you swear again it removes you from live chess for 30 minutes.

Some members will spam their game chat when its their opponents turn to move to try and distract them, other times, its just a case of a sensitive auto filter picking up on someone entering text into the game chat too fast over and over.

Irontiger
red-lady wrote:
Irontiger wrote:
red-lady wrote:

I have family in Boulogne-sur-Mer... 

I wasn't saying in France specifically. See for instance :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed

OK, that's mostly restrictions on nudity / drugs / etc. but swear language is part of it.

ArAn7

Go help and gl!

red-lady
Irontiger wrote:
red-lady wrote:
Irontiger wrote:
red-lady wrote:

I have family in Boulogne-sur-Mer... 

I wasn't saying in France specifically. See for instance :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed

OK, that's mostly restrictions on nudity / drugs / etc. but swear language is part of it.

certainly not with their swear words... They are just cute. I won't repeat them here. But swearing or not, it always has a certain kind of class Wink

Lzzie

Ah yeah, now i remember, I indeed said the s-word, it's just another word for p**p overhere, I'll make sure I don't use it again...
But still, it would be nice if you were told why you got that warning...

landwehr

hot censors !