Forums

Where is the Cool Hidden Stuff on Chess.com?

Sort:
Tjornan

I believe it was "I invinted a new opening, how to get it recognized?"

Forgive me for my gap in memory. I believe the last part isn't right, can someone correct me? 

corrijean
trysts wrote:

What's the Daeth thread called? Maybe it's on Google?

I invinted an opining - How do I get it named after me?

Although I'm not sure I've captured the mispellings perfectly.

Tjornan

There we go. Obviously my title was a little to sophiscated for our friend Daeth to use, silly me :).

It's not on google :(

trysts

Well then, here is the thread:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-openings/invinted-a-chess-opining-and-trap-how-do-i-get-it-named-after-me

trysts

Oops! I guess that wasn't the thread, but a parody.

AlCzervik

That's how bad it was! Really, how often does a single thread reek so badly that it results in spinoff threads?Wink

trysts

I must have missed that thread. I remember seeing a few spin-off threads over the years for threads that left impressions on people. I've also seen the coup-threads for popular threadsLaughing 

corrijean

Thanks to that thread, "invinted" has now entered the chess.com lexicon. Laughing

Fingerly

Okay!  Now I'm up on BilliChess and how  you imbecilic babboons with "acnes" overran creatip's quest to improve his sales pitch.  That poor guy must have had red cheeks from all the smacks he took!

Bongcloud.  Looks juicy from a quick profile scan.  I will be returning to that one.

Thanks for the links!  Keep 'em coming if you've got 'em!

corrijean
AlCzervik wrote:

That's how bad it was! Really, how often does a single thread reek so badly that it results in spinoff threads?

There was another, earlier parody thread:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/good-news-----i-have-invented-nothing--lol

trysts
Fingerly wrote:

Okay!  Now I'm up on BilliChess and how  you imbecilic babboons with "acnes" overran creatip's quest to improve his sales pitch.  That poor guy must have had red cheeks from all the smacks he took!

Bongcloud.  Looks juicy from a quick profile scan.  I will be returning to that one.

Thanks for the links!  Keep 'em coming if you've got 'em!

Some of creatip's comments weren't saved in quotations. Once he called LisaV names, then he became fair gameLaughing

theunsjb

Player with the lowest rating...

http://www.chess.com/members/view/timmaylivinalie#games

ClavierCavalier

Daeth was either kicked off the site or left, so his contributions were also deleted.  It's a shame, I think, that banned players have their contributions removed.  Even good players cheat sometimes, and their advice to lower players gets removed.

AlCzervik
ClavierCavalier wrote:

Daeth was either kicked off the site or left, so his contributions were also deleted.  It's a shame, I think, that banned players have their contributions removed.  Even good players cheat sometimes, and their advice to lower players gets removed.

Huh? Daeth was banned for cheating. Your third sentence is offensive to those that don't.

ivandh

Pretty much any thread I start is a parody thread, including half the ones already mentioned.

red-lady
corrijean wrote:

You left out some of the classic topics:

Bishops vs. Knights

Should I resign

gg

Women in chess

I still think the femaleneeded topic was the best ever. Tongue Out

AlCzervik

gg was how I got my "start" here.

Fingerly

Alright.  Lenny Bongcloud.  I'm left wondering if there is any confirmation if that is a parody account or if he's the genuine article.  Either way, I really don't care.  I'd like to see more of it!

"unlern the hate dued."

"present them to yhour wife with some tostitos baked salsa chips.. whith lit candels and some nice ambiant music... if that doesn't work dued... maybe she hass a nice ssister who isn't so uptight man.."

Rock on!

Conquistador

Derp

ivandh
red-lady wrote:
corrijean wrote:

You left out some of the classic topics:

Bishops vs. Knights

Should I resign

gg

Women in chess

I still think the femaleneeded topic was the best ever. 

A classic, if not quite classy, topic.