"Why is the community so toxic?" | A Compilation

2Ke21-0

Normally, @autobunny is the guy who raises awareness to new trends arising in the chess.com forums, but I'll have to beat him to this one. In recent months, we've seen numerous threads such as:

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/toxicity-in-chess-com

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/site-feedback/i-love-this-site-but-i-hate-some-people-here

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/trash-talking

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/the-community-on-chess-com-is-getting-unmanageable

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/you-guys-are-all-so-damn-toxic

We've seen two of the most popular chess.com forum members, @Lc0_1 and @llama, leave in despair! 

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/just-another-dumb-rant

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-com-community/im-unmuted-but-52471906

Who knows? At this rate, the chess.com forums might exceed the toxicity of this guy:

hvenki

rip

UppityEelChesskid

I thank all the mods who are attempting to stop this toxicity 

KnightAttack1567
UppityEelChesskid wrote:

I thank all the mods who are attempting to stop this toxicity 

Same

Oka1493

same

2Ke21-0

I am currently in the process or recruiting volunteers to blow up this thread. 

UppityEelChesskid

I volunteer 

2Ke21-0
UppityEelChesskid wrote:

I volunteer 

Good.

Roger436

Look into Spongebob's eyes for 10 minutes. Trust me, it's worth it.

Strangemover

2Ke21-0
Roger436 wrote:

Look into Spongebob's eyes for 10 minutes. Trust me, it's worth it.

I can attest to that comment.

Strangemover

Leon_Likes_Chess

meow

UppityEelChesskid

I agree with every single thread on this list. Why can't we all just be kind to each other? This should be a place to discus chess, not to try to wear people down (as said by @Lc0_1). 

It seems like the forums are a war. It shouldn't be like that. It should be a peaceful place to discuss chess with maybe the occasional funny or off topic thread. Why do we need to make others upset? Spreading kindness is an amazing deed, and we should all be doing our part to make the community a better place.

IAMDAGOAT123456789

mhmm

Oka1493

Meow

autobunny
2Ke21-0 wrote:

Normally, @autobunny is the guy who raises awareness to new trends arising in the chess.com forums, but I'll have to beat him to this one. In recent months, we've seen numerous threads such as:

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/toxicity-in-chess-com

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/site-feedback/i-love-this-site-but-i-hate-some-people-here

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/trash-talking

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/the-community-on-chess-com-is-getting-unmanageable

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/you-guys-are-all-so-damn-toxic

 

We've seen two of the most popular chess.com forum members, @Lc0_1 and @llama, leave in despair! 

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/just-another-dumb-rant

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-com-community/im-unmuted-but-52471906

 

Who knows? At this rate, the chess.com forums might exceed the toxicity of this guy:

 

Good one 😂  the bunny couldn't have done it better (unless perhaps he was paid) 

KnightAttack1567
UppityEelChesskid wrote:

I agree with every single thread on this list. Why can't we all just be kind to each other? This should be a place to discus chess, not to try to wear people down (as said by @Lc0_1). 

It seems like the forums are a war. It shouldn't be like that. It should be a peaceful place to discuss chess with maybe the occasional funny or off topic thread. Why do we need to make others upset? Spreading kindness is an amazing deed, and we should all be doing our part to make the community a better place.

I agree

autobunny
KnightAttack1567 wrote:
UppityEelChesskid wrote:

I agree with every single thread on this list. Why can't we all just be kind to each other? This should be a place to discus chess, not to try to wear people down (as said by @Lc0_1). 

It seems like the forums are a war. It shouldn't be like that. It should be a peaceful place to discuss chess with maybe the occasional funny or off topic thread. Why do we need to make others upset? Spreading kindness is an amazing deed, and we should all be doing our part to make the community a better place.

I agree

The bunny also agrees 1+1=2 (most of the time)  but he doesn't go making topics about it. 

UppityEelChesskid

I'm considering making a topic about it, but tbh I'm a bit scared