Forums

YouTube Tryouts!

Sort:
ChessAcademyHQ

hi, guys, this is my latest game: http://www.chess.com/blog/squarology/standard-standoff-4

I played a perfect game but I was still rather unfulfilled after having won it. That's why I put up Standard Standoff #5 first. Still, I decided to upload #4 as well for those wishing to see a perfect game. Cheers.

Metastable
squarology wrote:

hi, guys, this is my latest game: http://www.chess.com/blog/squarology/standard-standoff-4

I played a perfect game but I was still rather unfulfilled after having won it. That's why I put up Standard Standoff #5 first. Still, I decided to upload #4 as well for those wishing to see a perfect game. Cheers.

LOL. Impressive analysis, bonus points for citing Kmoch. Will definitely have to check out more of your work :-)

samuelmbrad

Late night chess. Nothing like it! The original format will be back soon, didn't wanna leave you hanging during a computer change though. I'm not rude like that or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SrRzlFeOZw&feature=youtu.be 

joeyd1

NM Aww Rats

druanmg

NM Aww Rats

ToborAtonmi

FM zibbit is our guy. 

Alligator52

Can you find the winning sequence of moves in this position?  Check out the entire game, packed with tactics on the YouTube Channel    ChessCoach8   (all One Word)

Alligator52
Hint: Since this position is from an actual game, things are not as clear cut as some White to move and win problems. First move is a developing move, a precursor to some fireworks. AK
Ben_Dubuque

could it be Bg5 looking to possibly draw the queen away from h6 via trading down on e7

Alligator52

Jetfighter13- close but not quite.

samuelmbrad

Do I win the award for most optimistic?!?! I'm not about giving up in games or on this contest. 

Lil game for ya'll. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZOE7O7xWDo&feature=youtu.be 

RPLVChess

Is anything going on with this contest?  Seems like chess.com should provide some notification about a time table for selection given all the hardwork of the contributors to this competition.  I hope we all hear something soon.  Thanks.

ajttja

I have to vote for Squarology

shmiff

I think Squarology has the right angle.

kamus

You gotta wonder about Chess.com these days- between their non-participation in this supposed contest and the recent incendiary allegations by former employees, one wonders where their focus is lately?

DanielRensch

I want to thank everyone who's posted here. You guys have made my job *very* difficult Tongue Out. I am looking for some help on "weeding my way" through all the videos here. BUT once I get a few of my team members on this, we will come back with some results. 

We'd really like to give some players who play regularly on our server a chance to broadcast live to our twitch channel while we try and decide who will be deserving to post to our YouTube Channel. 

If you've posted here as a candidate, please post again to let us know you'd be interested in broadcasting your live play / commentary to our twitch channel as well!

Danny

TVEDAS

Posting again to confirm that I would be interested, if there was a chance of course :) 

Mainline_Novelty

I'm almost certain I won't be one of the main candidates, but just in case, I'm interested :D

DanielRensch

For those interested in streaming to our twitch channel, the criteria is not nearly as *restrictive* to stronger players, in that way. SO please post if you think you'd like to play a few hours, once a week, while commentating to our streaming twitch channel. 

As of now I will post that the official winner of the YouTube Tryout is...

*drum roll*

To be announced shortly Tongue Out...

LOL! I know that was cruel... BUT I want to confirm that the *winning candidate* is interested and accepts our terms before making it official. 

Thanks!

Danny

MrDamonSmith

Danny, I hope you take into strong consideration the opinions of hundreds of the players on here that were keeping up with the videos & getting to know some of the strong players they might otherwise have never been exposed to. Thanx for getting this started,  Damon

Oh yeah. Squarology, TVEDAS, Zibbit, Tigerlilov, Aww-rats (not necessarily in this order) & your vids are awesome too Danny. Thanx again.