YouTube Tryouts!

Sort:
Dzerzinskiy

Im relevant , helpful and nice so I vote for

the man

Squarology

bolded should count twice

soundarts

I'd be interested!  What program can you use to record a chess game?

Please advise on that!

ChessAcademyHQ

I put up another vid just now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0pDFVFdnU

I recorded some games this morning but my philological conscience would not allow my parents to hear it. I played a lot today and was just tired. I wasn't explaining anything and my tactics were off! I'll do better.

I'll record some more tomorrow or Monday.

doncotten

I vote for aww-rats.

shmiff

squarology is hilarious!

sleepingbeauty

Bill Definitely has what it takes, you guys would be fools not to hire him.

Coach-Bill
Butterfly-Effect wrote:

Bill Definitely has what it takes, you guys would be fools not to hire him.

This is a vote for me. I'm Bill, she takes lessons from me. She is also very kind with her words... :)

sleepingbeauty

im not being kind, im being truthful.

sleepingbeauty

if you really pay attention to exactly how passionate aww rats is about chess, you will pick him. He has always been making videos and has plenty to show you. Voting on this is a sweet concept but popularity is not going to get chess.com what it needs. It needs someone that knows what he is doing and can deliver. Aww rats is your man.

ReyRambler1960

My vote goes to aww-rats.

MJ4H
soundarts wrote:

I'd be interested!  What program can you use to record a chess game?

Please advise on that!

Google "oCam."  It is both the simplest and best program for this purpose. Also 100% free.

MonkeyMagic

Great tip - MJ4H - Google "oCam". I'd be hopeless at this, but I tried making a video of my own live game and realized what a great learning tool this could be.

You can sit there watching your own game shouting from the sidelines "Move your knight to d6!" or 'Don't do that - it's a blunder!" or pretend you're Admiral Ackbar "It's a Trap!"

Likhit1
squarology wrote:

I put up another vid just now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0pDFVFdnU

I recorded some games this morning but my philological conscience would not allow my parents to hear it. I played a lot today and was just tired. I wasn't explaining anything and my tactics were off! I'll do better.

I'll record some more tomorrow or Monday.

Slurpy Mc-Burp.lol.

SpottedCake

I love watching the videos by Squarology. They are really informative. I recommend them to all my friends.

chasm1995
Butterfly-Effect wrote:

im not being kind, im being truthful.

And extremely biased.

kormak

aww-rats gets my vote! 

doalliad

There were many great entries but I liked the Squarology's the best followed by TestViking and PeterLalic.

crazylasker

Squarology gets my vote.

MJ4H
jadedog wrote:

Great tip - MJ4H - Google "oCam". I'd be hopeless at this, but I tried making a video of my own live game and realized what a great learning tool this could be.

You can sit there watching your own game shouting from the sidelines "Move your knight to d6!" or 'Don't do that - it's a blunder!" or pretend you're Admiral Ackbar "It's a Trap!"

Agree.  A couple of summers ago, I made myself play one long standard game every day and make a video out of it.  I made it almost a month of doing this every single day.  I was very, very bad at chess at the time in my life.  I actually used those videos to get better (along with much more normal study and help from a very strong player).  It is actually very helpful to watch these videos back and spot your weak points in your thinking process.  Try this sometime, if possible.

1) Play a game while videoing/talking out loud.  Do your best.

2) Don't watch it back yet.  Instead, go over the game thoroughly with a much stronger player.  Take lots of notes.

3) Watch the video back and pay extra attention to why you missed what you missed.  A lot of times, you will find extremely large chinks in your armor in this process.  "Wow, I never consider the resulting pawn structure after a trade is offered."  Who knows that kinds of things you will find, but you are pretty much guaranteed to find numerous flaws that are easily fixable.

Mainline_Novelty

This isn't really a "Blitz Session", but I thought I'd leave it here anyways : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylAyJeV0g5w 

Basically a mix of puzzles, blitz and rants. If you liked it, check out the four previous episodes :)