1/12/2018 - Hans Cohn, 1940

bigrob222

if you move king d2 can't you checkmate on first move?  

K_Brown
bigrob222 wrote:

if you move king d2 can't you checkmate on first move?  

I don't know. What does the puzzle do when you move your king?

Luregold

K_Brown Instead of being triggered, at least explain to us properly why it is wrong to just move the white king above the row where the queen is standing. It will be an instant checkmate, so what is the problem here?

K_Brown
Luregold wrote:

K_Brown Instead of being triggered, at least explain to us properly why it is wrong to just move the white king above the row where the queen is standing. It will be an instant checkmate, so what is the problem here?

Instead of being illiterate, why don't you try reading the countless other posts explaining why you are so dumb and why this post makes you seem even dumber (quite paradoxical really)? 

Here are 18 posts explaining why for you:

To make matters worse, I literally explained it 8 posts before yours! Wow, just wow.

Rocky64
K_Brown wrote:

I felt this overload of stupidity to be meme worthy. Not only do these people have ridiculously flawed abilities but they must be illiterate as well seeing as how their question has been answered ad nauseam.

Ha, I didn't realise there are online meme generators until I saw your post, so thanks!

null

Feirceraven
Qoko wrote:

Interesting puzzle that I've seen before, but the composition is flawed due to 2...Kf1: after 3.Qe3 g1=N 4.Qe4 black is still lost fairly fast though but it disrupts the theme. The puzzle posted by BryanCFB in post #32 is a pure version where the opposite walk (to gain access to the back rank) is the only way to win.

Mind that the Kf1 defense works only on move 2 (hence with the Queen on c1, the composition would be pure):

1.Qa8 Kg1 2.Qa7+ Kh1? (Kf1! delays mate significantly) 3.Qb7 Kg1 4.Qb6+ Kh1 (Kf1 5.Qf6+ Kg1 6.Qd4+) 5.Qc6 Kg1 6.Qc5+ Kh1 (Kf1 7.Qc4+! Kf2 8.Qf4+) 7.Qd5 Kg1 8.Qd4+ Kf1 (Kh1 9.Qe5 Kg1 10.Qe1#) 9.Qf4+ Kg1 10.Qe3+ Kh1 (Kf1 11.Qe2+ Kg1 12.Qe1#) 11.Qe4 (typically now white does one move upwards, because the checks went Qf4-e3+) Kg1 12.Qe1#.

Oh, I didn't look at what ranks that they're at. That makes sense then.

Chimera-Angel

Just for fun after 1 Ke2?? g1 = Q  White has just one way to save a draw. Can you find it?

ali99_98

Rypeat

Death-Waltz
lachlanplayer wrote:

So kc2, kd2, ke2 is checkmate in one no because black is moving down

would just change queen

but okay 🤘🏽

ciscolu

I enjoyed this zig zag one

GUDUMan

i think Kd2 can slove the problem.

Why do you have to go zig zag way

dante_rocks

King should go on F1, and enable the further pawn to promote. This way really helps White to win. Was fun anyhow!

DrDerp94
AlejandroDevincenzi escribió:

Ridículo !!! Solo con levantar el Rey alcanzaba para el mate-

No tan simple mi amigo, los peones negros están a un paso de coronar, saludos.

Nanacc

なるほど。

Apo793

its too easyfish.pngtactics.pngtrophies.pngvotechess.pngskewer.png

Snow-Wolf-8

zigzag what?