x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

1/12/2018 - Hans Cohn, 1940

Bro u could just move the white king to d2.......its a checkmate then.

Wtf, again?

White can just play King to C2, D2 or E2 and its mate - is that right..

Elaborate solution. What about Kd2?

very nice happy.png 

ok

WindzZ wrote:
    chessicAngel wrote:

Why is Black playing to get checkmate soon? Why not ... Kf1 - also lost, but not so fast.

Its Because the king gets a check on f-file and then mate...

Where do you see mate after check on the f-file, mate?

Winning is rather to go for the e-file after ... Kf1! Black has to defend with g1=N! then to avoid Qe2#.

It's not a simple win after 2...Kf1 

It is quite complicated because after 3.Qe7 comes g1=N and it is a pain to win. The black pieces will be put in zugzwang with proper play and white wins.

K_Brown wrote:

It's not a simple win after 2...Kf1 

It is quite complicated because after 3.Qe7 comes g1=N and it is a pain to win.

Not as painful as Q vs. R endgames. The queen may reach h1 before the h-pawn promotes.

We had similar puzzle to this some time ago.   The Queen has to stop black from promoting and then move in for the kill when she gets a clear file.   Thx @BryanCFB for further explanation.

Nice endgame puzzle thx.

RockySnow7 wrote:

White could have just moved 1.Kd2#, no?

No, because black would promote the G pawn to queen!

K e2# its so simple why 10 movesbk.pngbk.pngbk.png#

I agree that there are way more complicated endgames. 

The puzzle would be way better after 2...Kf1 in my opinion. It's a pity that people aren't being exposed to the heart of the position and the rather fascinating zugzwang theme. This is just letting people win against second rate moves and just bad practice in general.

Terrible puzzle today...

Zick Zack

K_Brown wrote:

I agree that there are way more complicated endgames. 

The puzzle would be way better after 2...Kf1 in my opinion. It's a pity that people aren't being exposed to the heart of the position and the rather fascinating zugzwang theme. This is just letting people win against second rate moves and just bad practice in general.

Indeed. But there are two possible moves to bring the queen to the e-file, and chess.com can only handle unique solutions...

isn't this mate in one?  Ke2

chessicAngel wrote:

Indeed. But there are two possible moves to bring the queen to the e-file, and chess.com can only handle unique solutions...

I guess that is true. I personally would rather complain about more than one right move instead of the computer blundering at least 4 times though.

Instead of that though, the trend is people mistaking this for a weak back rank puzzle which is the worst possible conclusion. 

i dont understand. just moving white king was enough to échec et mat no?

up n down the wq.png went

good one

Online Now