Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

10/18/2017 - Oll-Stohl, Manila 1992

wery good

Good times...

This Grand Masters game; Oll, Lembit vs Stohl, Igor.  Sicilian Scheveningen, 6. f4!   Note: Move #25 for white with e5+/Check; leaves the black knight @ c4 unprotected.  I just viewed the whole game from opening, middle to ending!  Thanks for the lesson; chess.com is the Best!  I guess the moral of the story/lesson is never bring your Queen out early nor The Kingsad.png

Huh? Okay.

Not bad. Simply trading a pawn for a knight.

nice

Not so hard for me ...

KingPin1804 írta:

Why does the King attack the Pawn?  Why not move away to a safer place, then coming out in the open? This puzzle did not make much sense :/

The King has to defend the c5 Knight.

Shannon_number wrote:
    Gil-Gandel wrote:
    danielpardenilla wrote:

If black bishop goes to a8 then Nd7+ coming for Nf6 forking the 2 rooks.

Yes indeed. So Black instead has to play Bc8 which keeps his losses down to just a piece for a pawn. Much work still to do but the win should just be a matter of technique.

3...Re7 might be better, protecting the bishop. On 3...Bc8, then 4 Rhe1+. If 4...Kd6  5 Ne4+ and the rooks are forked next. If the black king comes forward on move 4, he is walking into a hornet's nest, with none of his pieces able to defend him. 

Fair point, well made, good analysis.

KingPin1804 wrote:

Why does the King attack the Pawn?  Why not move away to a safer place, then coming out in the open? This puzzle did not make much sense :/

Makes no difference. The point of the combination isn't that Black is exposed to a mating attack but that the King is forced to let go of the Knight. In the line given, at least he gets a pawn for it (though that's not enough). He could go to a safer place instead, but then he gets nothing at all for his Knight.

ok

Sorry, I am on vacation, well, not sorry I am on vacation, but sorry I haven’t posted lately. It is a 2 hour time difference and I am not staying up until 2:00 AM.

October 18th is Chocolate Cupcake Day.

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/chocolate-cupcake-day/

Online Now