10/29/2020 - Photo Finish

nfyz650

Leonyd1958

ы

egor36

you going to win my rook? it isn*t for me!

nfyz650

nfyz650

nfyz650

nfyz650

nfyz650

BryanCFB

Parlee

Wow

Anatoly1934

Oh, but this one is good.

bigjdb

Ethanwong7

ratstear.pngtear.pngtear.png

Kamerdracy
BryanCFB wrote:(And if 2... f1=

white is up a bishop and black is no longer threatening to queen. White wins.)

White can't win this. The best it can do is to end up with the bishop and knight only since black will eventually exchange knight for the pawn.

SuperPatzer77
Kamerdracy wrote:

White can't win this. The best it can do is to end up with the bishop and knight only since black will eventually exchange knight for the pawn.

White wins - White keeps the Black Knight at bay and threatens to advance the White b-pawn. Black will lose his pawn eventually. White wins!! No question about that 

BryanCFB
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
Kamerdracy wrote:

White wins - White keeps the Black Knight at bay and threatens to advance the White b-pawn. Black will lose his pawn eventually. White wins!! No question about that 

I don't think black's knight would ever get the chance to sacrifice itself for white's remaining pawn.  And I don't think black's pawn will strongly threaten to become a queen.

But even if the resulting endgame is white with a king, bishop and knight vs. black with a lone king, it is still a win for white.  Check this link:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_and_knight_checkmate for more on the K, B & N vs. K ending.

khanhdeptrai09

hard puzzle