x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

10/10/2007 - Decisive Declaration

all of you say

"If Qxg3 hxg3 then Rh5! Black threatens Rh1# and there's no way to stop him.

EDIT: Ok, 5 people beat me to it."

of course theres a way to stop him perhaps it will hapen after one move but .. Rh5-Be4  

sure its enivitable  , but i just thought id put it in there to prove you wrong

fun - but why not 2.Rh5+ -- running_scared

2...f3 blocks the check and now the queen is covering h2 -- dylan

After 1... Qxg3+ 2. Kh1 Rh5+ 3. f3 mate is still possible via something like 3...Bd6 4. Rf2 Bxf3+ 5. Rxf3 Rxh2+ 6. Qxh2 Qxh2#. But did you see all that when you made the move? If not, you probably shouldn't be sacrificing your queen. Wink

of course theres a way to stop him perhaps it will hapen after one move -- i just thought id put it in there to prove you wrong  KrizProdigy

Mate cannot be stopped and cannot be prevented; mate can only be delayed.

never saw it good one

duls_s wrote: what if rook on d5 takes bishop on d3 ? after the queen has taken the pawn on g3 giving check

After 2...Rxd3+, mate would still come, but much slower. Something like:

1...Qxg3+  2. Kh1 Rxd3+  3. f3 Bxf3  4. Rxf3 Qxf3+  5. Qg2 Rd1+  6. Rxd1 Qxd1+

7. Qf1 Qxf1#

However, 3...Rxd3+ is just as good as Rg5+. Mate will still happen on move 4. 

I didn't see Qxg3 Good puzzle 

I thought it was playing white!!!!!!!!!!YellYell!!!

2...Rg5+ works as well, although it is longer. (f3 Bxf3+ Rxf3 and there are two ways to checkmate at this point: Qg1+ Rxg1 Rg1# and Qxf3 Qg2 Qxg2#)
    FLYACE wrote:

I thought it was playing white!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, next time read the part where it says what color is moving ;).

why it's rh5 i think it is the right move it's sacrifice the queen but it's a combo puzzle,nice puzzle.............
    i found it really really interesting. mostly for it's a pattern u can possibly find in real games.
    no comment....
    wow its really cool...
    Good puzzle
    fun puzzle.

good puzzle

Online Now