x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

10/13/2011 - Keller-Barda Moscow 1956

Got it !

I found every move in the puzzle, but wonder if I would have found them during a game not knowing there was a mate in three. hmmmmm

iatanbaal wrote:
    IncrediBill wrote:

Nice interaction between the Knight and  Bishop.

Here is the actual game.  (Black actually won the game.  The roles were reversed for the puzzle in order to make it easier for discussion.  Also, the game ended after the 28th move, but the puzzle added the final moves to show us the final result.) 

According to the problem it is the white that wins, not the black. Plus the game is Keller vs Barda and not Barda vs Keller. Can you explain this?

Yes.  Black actually won the game.  The roles were reversed for the puzzle in order to make it easier for discussion.

again, its a queen sac going 4 a mate...Foot in mouth

w00000t

Ok

The Q sac is out of the blue

nice

jaf299 wrote:

Is there also a smothered mate here?

Qg5+  Kf8 (forced)

Re8+  R x e8

Qg8+  R x g8

Ktd7 (or Kth7) mate

I don't think so - Black can breathe through e7 and g7

IncrediBill wrote:

Nice interaction between the Knight and  Bishop.

Here is the actual game.  (Black actually won the game.  The roles were reversed for the puzzle in order to make it easier for discussion.  Also, the game ended after the 28th move, but the puzzle added the final moves to show us the final result.) 

thanks for posting real game,and reality of original game.its nice to see GM,s opennings and lines they use,what amazes me? is the game will look like a normal game,then all of a sudden the attack begins and all pieces are right where they are to change whole complextion of game,it could be a five move attack that was invisible,and one move kicks it off.the deception is great!!thanks incredibill

nice

nice rice

nice one...

marmaladecat wrote:
    jaf299 wrote:

Is there also a smothered mate here?

Qg5+  Kf8 (forced)

Re8+  R x e8

Qg8+  R x g8

Ktd7 (or Kth7) mate

I don't think so - Black can breathe through e7 and g7

Yes, you're right. Did this in a rush before I went to work. Nice puzzle though.

nice

You have solved this problem!
    3. Bxh6#

Very nice!

Thanks    IncrediBill  

for the post!

i actually saw what was coming

easy

Online Now