10/13/2011 - Keller-Barda Moscow 1956

nice one

Very nice one today!!!

yeauuuuuuuuuh

Nice game!

Easy but good.

Sehr gut!

Hmmm I thought there might be another solution there. Maybe I missed something (most likely).

xenadu wrote:

Qg8 (instead og Qh6) works too.

Yes, that's what I was thinking exactly, although I think the rook takes and then can block bishop... so that may be why it is not the proper solution.

good & eazy

love the sac

IncrediBill wrote:

Nice interaction between the Knight and  Bishop.

Here is the actual game.  (Black actually won the game.  The roles were reversed for the puzzle in order to make it easier for discussion.  Also, the game ended after the 28th move, but the puzzle added the final moves to show us the final result.) 

i just saw the whole game you posted. out loud, (and i'm alone here) i was like "oohhhh, MAN!" wow, that's so cool! white prepares for mate, then he is brought to a forced mate in such a dirp-faced moment! lol i found trhis pretty cool. thank you for that.

jaf299 wrote:

Is there also a smothered mate here?

Qg5+  Kf8 (forced)

Re8+  R x e8

Qg8+  R x g8

Ktd7 (or Kth7) mate

no.  Q x d7 or kg7

minital wrote:
    jaf299 wrote:

Is there also a smothered mate here?

Qg5+  Kf8 (forced)

Re8+  R x e8

Qg8+  R x g8

Ktd7 (or Kth7) mate

Weird how you failed to see that the king could go to either g7 or e7 after the knight checks.

Yes, I feel like an idiot it's so obvious.

Wow... nice one!! the whole game is amazing (thanx IncrediBill for posting it).

ok !

easy puzzle and nice game supplied by IIncrediBill.

Excellent Puzzle. Solution at this point was quite EZ though.

Thanks IncrediBill for the actual game.

pretty easy :) 

I like it....

Jacob30 wrote:
    IncrediBill wrote:

Nice interaction between the Knight and  Bishop.

Here is the actual game.  (Black actually won the game.  The roles were reversed for the puzzle in order to make it easier for discussion.  Also, the game ended after the 28th move, but the puzzle added the final moves to show us the final result.) 

You are annoying.

I would say the fact that IncrediBill's postings annoy you is YOUR PROBLEM.

For some of us his postings are useful and interesting.
    If his postings annoy you, I suggest that you do what I do with the many meaningless postings that annoy me -- just bypass them without reading them.

It is sloppy and inaccurate to characterize IncrediBill (or anyone) simply by his unique effect on yourself.

or Join

Online Now