FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

10/20/2007 - The Pawn Race

Drag the pieces to solve!
    Instructive puzzle.
    very very cute... :)
    intresting puzzle...........
    sly. i like it! for some reason, even though there arent as many variations, i cant get a grasp on the endgame--these puzzles help.
    Good puzzle, thank you.
    dailypuzzle wrote: Drag the pieces to solve!

great puzzle  and interesting 

Okay, I am a new player.  Still, why does the puzzle without a mate? 
    pleasant_business wrote: sly. i like it! for some reason, even though there arent as many variations, i cant get a grasp on the endgame--these puzzles help.

I agree, there may not be as many variations (considering only good moves), but I am destined for chess mediocrity if I don't somehow start seeing the right continuation of moves in the end game. Can someone in this forum state their thought process when first seeing an end game position.  Thanks

Very interesting and informative sequence of moves.......
    Brodus wrote: Okay, I am a new player.  Still, why does the puzzle without a mate? 

White wins the BQ, it'll be a WQ vs BN endgame, should be a relatively easy win-- just gotta watch out for the forks.

pleasant_business wrote: For some reason, even though there arent as many variations, i cant get a grasp on the endgame--these puzzles help.

Exactly the same here. Thank you for the puzzel.

it stretches your mind a bit.  Good excercise for beginners and other players too. 

Nice.
    Strange. I understood fully where it was leading, even before I tried to think of the first move. But, even knowing this, I never was able to work it out in my head.

Uhm... isn't 6...Kb2 at the very least unclear?

Excellent!!!

If not intricated still it is hard one.

As always, very instructive and fun.
    great puzzle.
or Join

Online Now