10/30/2013 - Crossing Paths

spikestars

easy

gcmnmail

easy but interesting

mvallejo70

Easy one.

dufferps

Congratulations, Daily Puzzle.  I think this is the first active "Queen Sac" in quite a while.  And this was a good 'un.

paulified22
acertaineffort wrote:

Nice!  I would have probably played 1.Bc3 in a real game, forcing mate in just a few moves more than is optimal.

On a less significant tangent, I wonder if I can get my 3rd consecutive "first" on the daily puzzle tommorow!

Your right Bc3 would be a logicol move that leed's to mate, 

dufferps
Flashingblade wrote:

The queen sac is the only forcing move.  Forcing moves are much easier to calculate.  

No, I think 1.Ng6+  forces Kh7.  But the Queen sac is still necessary to clear the main diagonal for the dark-squares Bishop.

farzad222

nice

jimmybarceball

o

mjbarcebal

k

SomnathSharma

very easy & very difficult

dufferps
paulified22 wrote:
acertaineffort wrote:

Nice!  I would have probably played 1.Bc3 in a real game, forcing mate in just a few moves more than is optimal.

On a less significant tangent, I wonder if I can get my 3rd consecutive "first" on the daily puzzle tommorow!

Your right Bc3 would be a logicol move that leed's to mate, 

Yes,  1.Bc3 avoids the need to sacrifice the Queen. It leaves black with a variety of options (Rxf7, Qxh2, Qf1+, Kh7, and others), but none that can avoid checkmate in a few moves.  Unlike white, black has failed to develop his pieces other than the awkwardly positioned Queen.  So his demise is sealed fairly soon.  But 1.Qxh6+ forces the quickest checkmate.

paddayyayalangi

simple and sweet

ZacWilson

Always fun to sac the Queen.

snake_babu

cool

Djazbin

Forced mate in 3... have a nice day ; bonne journée.

Ihaveknightvision

nice

MDCCP

Cool :) !

coencwessel

nice and easy

deepak64

Difficult puzzle. Nice. 

Flashingblade
dufferps wrote:
Flashingblade wrote:

The queen sac is the only forcing move.  Forcing moves are much easier to calculate.  

No, I think 1.Ng6+  forces Kh7.  But the Queen sac is still necessary to clear the main diagonal for the dark-squares Bishop.

I meant forcing sequence.  Queen sac to CM is easy to calculate.