x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

11/24/2017 - No Way Out

  • #101

    Wow!

  • #102

    むう。

  • #103
    TiMaT326 wrote:

    How do these puzzles even make it out to the game??? The forced path is often pure garbage. The 11/24/2017 puzzle is a 2 moves checkmate...

    Nvm I overlooked the black knight position, but it still makes no sense that White doesnt start with eating the rook with the King

    Not only did you see a "two move checkmate" that wasn't there, but you fail to see the folly of white playing Kxe4 on his first move. This allows black to play Nc5 forking the K and R and black still has drawing chances.

    The text moves allows white to exchange rooks and win the knight on move 5 with a won endgame.

     

     

  • #104

    good 1

  • #105

    white wins the knight

  • #106

    nice one happy.png

     

  • #107
    Lagomorph wrote:
    TiMaT326 wrote:

    How do these puzzles even make it out to the game??? The forced path is often pure garbage. The 11/24/2017 puzzle is a 2 moves checkmate...

    Nvm I overlooked the black knight position, but it still makes no sense that White doesnt start with eating the rook with the King

    Not only did you see a "two move checkmate" that wasn't there, but you fail to see the folly of white playing Kxe4 on his first move. This allows black to play Nc5 forking the K and R and black still has drawing chances.

    The text moves allows white to exchange rooks and win the knight on move 5 with a won endgame.

     

     

    Jump to Conclusions

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqcz2RHjfVU

  • #108

    What type of puzzle is this?

  • #109
    avijit3001 wrote:

    What type of puzzle is this?

    A chess puzzle

  • #110

    Top notch endgame puzzle today! 

    Click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_and_pawn_versus_king_endgame#Rook_pawn

    for some clarification on when king vs. king and rook pawn/pawns is a draw.  If the opposing king can block the pawn/pawns it doesn't matter how many rook pawns the other side has.  Even six rook pawns cannot force the king to relinquish the key square!

    And for a little fun not reallly having anything to do with today's puzzle, if you want to see six rook pawns check out this puzzle:  https://www.chess.com/forum/view/more-puzzles/7-5-15-inside-jersey-magazine-chess-mate-puzzle!

  • #111

    I was thinking:  1.  Nc6+ Ka8  2.  Rb8#  Should be a mate in 2 right?

  • #112

     

    So does that make it a draw ?

  • #113
    rylo262 wrote:

    I was thinking:  1.  Nc6+ Ka8  2.  Rb8#  Should be a mate in 2 right?

    Not quite.  Black survives with 2...Nxb8.

  • #114
    TiMaT326 wrote:

    Nvm I overlooked the black knight position, but it still makes no sense that White doesnt start with eating the rook with the King

     

    If white does that, black's knight can move to c5 that forks the king & rook

     

  • #115

       

  • #116

       

  • #117

    nice

  • #118
    StevenPatzer wrote:
    avijit3001 wrote:

    What type of puzzle is this?

    A chess puzzle

    A chess puzzle???  What the hay?

    John 8:21

    Disclaimer:  This is only a harmless Bible verse.  Once again, it is not necessary to actually read what it says.

  • #119

    Wow! That was a lot of fun! I especially liked at the end how there was no way out for black!

Top

Online Now