11/9/2019 - King's Counsels

DailyFun

Want more chess puzzles? Want a puzzles rating?
Visit our Puzzles section with more than 100,000+ tactical puzzles!

Check out the Daily Puzzle Video Analysis below for a full walkthrough of today's puzzle:

JamesAgadir

First page. It's ab instructive puzzle based around a bunch of forced mates (1. ... Kh7 loses in two). You the  have to keep the opponent's king on the edge which is why you have to play the bishop check (to push him along) and the the king move (to block escape) the last few moves complete the trapping of the king. 

Mahesh0412

Brilliant

bestperson

noice

illysium

thumbup.png

Wolta

solved thumbup.png

Simanovich

Solved

MiltonSantos

solved

DoctorTimofey

First page! EASY!

mhydon

Good challenge.

HalfSicilin

Wow.

kirche1951

nice problem

lavanyachandel

Nice puzzle

TheFastKnight

its so  easy 

#bishop check matewink.png

BryanCFB

BryanCFB

Could whoever is posting the daily puzzle please either start the move count at move #1 or the actual game move # (which would be completely understandable) and not move #2?

This may seem like nitpicking but it's only natural to post analysis lines starting at move #1 and if the puzzle starts at move #2 then I unnaturally have to start analysis lines with move #2, which slows me down.  And honestly I don't see what starting a puzzle on move #2, unless it's only the second move of a game (not much of a puzzle), accomplishes.

Thanks.

dufferps

The Analysis video would be helpful here.

I blundered all the way.  My focus was on preventing promotion at h1.

Daily Puzzle focused on shutting off all escape squares, then checking  for checkmate.

---------------Edit-------

Thanks, BryanCFB, for your analysis in comment 30.  I probably haven't learned my lesson to the point of not repeating my blunders in the future, but at least I have been shown the lesson and could understand it this time.

CloudOne3

What a bishop pair lol😀😂👌...

BryanCFB
dufferps wrote:

The Analysis video would be helpful here.

I blundered all the way.  My focus was on preventing promotion at h1.

Daily Puzzle focused on shutting off all escape squares, then checking  for checkmate.

Just proves that checkmate is more important than material.

topangasshell

i HATE this comment section. It is full of people just saying "first" or "k". No real discussion takes place about the puzzle at all. They should change it to a voting system so that only the highly voted comments go to the top