1/10/2012 - Endgame Principles

too easy . lets have some mate in 4  at times

pawn power

easy

simple but good

Whenever you are confronted with an eeaaasy position like this you can raise the difficulty level by putting yourself into the position of playing a blitz game and having only 10 seconds left on the clock - you'll be amazed by the truckloads of blunders you come up with...

demonstrates positional power of pieces and team work

quick end

Doesn't anyone ever notice how it always is the <1300 rated ones who goes "easy"?

EASY

too easy..........

easy

good one..!

Why does white not move the king to c6 as the second move and then follow up with the pawn for checkmate? Does that not provide the fastest checkmate in 3 moves?

Why does white not move the king to c6 as the second move and then follow up with the pawn for checkmate? Does that not provide the fastest checkmate in 3 moves?

At first look you may have not noticed that the puzzel ended with checkmate.

Easy.

Thanks for posting it.

Very easy

I could almost do this one with my eyes closed.

pawns.......huh

Well, based on the title "Endgame Principles" I immediately played 1.Bxh5 when after 1...gxh5 2.Kxf5 h4 3.Kg4 Black's kingside pawns fall and then it is a simple march with the king back to the Queenside.  To me that is a position-based "principle".

The actual solution - elegant as it is - seems more of a trick than a principle.

or Join

Online Now