1/10/2012 - Endgame Principles

h3lo123

easy

fastig

simple but good

Kolben

Whenever you are confronted with an eeaaasy position like this you can raise the difficulty level by putting yourself into the position of playing a blitz game and having only 10 seconds left on the clock - you'll be amazed by the truckloads of blunders you come up with...

glsmith

demonstrates positional power of pieces and team work

milray101

quick end

Dragonbice

Doesn't anyone ever notice how it always is the <1300 rated ones who goes "easy"?

Rubistockholm

too easy

WilianCosta

EASY

Sutirtha11

too easy..........

VasanthBalakrishnan

easy

rbk1

good one..!

evilmrrogers411

Why does white not move the king to c6 as the second move and then follow up with the pawn for checkmate? Does that not provide the fastest checkmate in 3 moves?

steven-murray

Why does white not move the king to c6 as the second move and then follow up with the pawn for checkmate? Does that not provide the fastest checkmate in 3 moves?

At first look you may have not noticed that the puzzel ended with checkmate.

EP_Chess

Easy.

Thanks for posting it.

Darshan_Haragi_L

Very easy

Drecon

I could almost do this one with my eyes closed.

pawnturnsking

pawns.......huh

mistermax

Well, based on the title "Endgame Principles" I immediately played 1.Bxh5 when after 1...gxh5 2.Kxf5 h4 3.Kg4 Black's kingside pawns fall and then it is a simple march with the king back to the Queenside.  To me that is a position-based "principle".

The actual solution - elegant as it is - seems more of a trick than a principle.

farzin7

very easy.

Saber1