11/10/2012 - Graebner - Kamyschnikow, Kaiserslautern, 2006

Spartan_Titans

WOW !!

BryanCFB
[COMMENT DELETED]
noname1959
dacster13 wrote:
noname1959 wrote:

What if blacks 4th move is Q-D6?

4... Qd6?? 5. Re8+ Qd8 6. Rxd8+ Kxd8 7. Qf8#

 

 Thanks!

MartinUKL

Very good, I'd never have got that.

CatFanShogl

The way I see it, it's just winning a pawn.

KumarAnkur

nice !

jaechungrox

Isn't white still pretty much winning if they play like this? 

kyleevon

wow, great ending

waynedickinson2

great puzzle

fearless2play

Would never have seen it in a million years {the castle and pawn conquest]

vanhafford

A nice Queen Sacrifice leading to a Back Rank Mate administered by a Re8#.  Thanks for the lesson!

BryanCFB
jaechungrox wrote:
 

Isn't white still pretty much winning if they play like this? 

At first I thought 4. Qe2 was the move, but it appears after 4...Kd8 that white is lost.

paulified22
dacster13 wrote:
paulified22 wrote: 

Good combination of move,white come's out with Q versus R, and should be able to win game,It still will be hard for white to win,he has to figure a way to advance pawn,and black has extra pawn,would like to see how game ended.Thank's for variation,I wonder if white would accept draw offer,all white's pawn's are blocked.My bad,pawn's are equal,

Well I thought the endgame is straightforward, but here's a diagram to show what kind of continuation white can possibly do.

 

 Anyway, it's just an approximation on what may happen and I'm not entirely sure if there are better possibilities, but I think it's the simplest way for white to win.

Nice example of different line's,I could tell it was going to be a long and drawn out end game,but white should be able to promote pawn first,he might even promote two pawn's before black can promote a pawn at all,Thank's for the work you put into annalyzing,good job dacster,it's ammazing how you got from puzzle's last move Qg7 to how it ended up,I admire guy's like you and the few other's who are willing to give explanation's to thoose who can't,they know who they are,GLO!!!

mickyD

the puzzle won't let me move after 4.Qg7!  I wanted to move more!

legoplaychess
dranel916 wrote:
[COMMENT DELETED]

     [COMMENT DELETED]

legoplaychess
paulified22 wrote:
dacster13 wrote:
paulified22 wrote: 

Good combination of move,white come's out with Q versus R, and should be able to win game,It still will be hard for white to win,he has to figure a way to advance pawn,and black has extra pawn,would like to see how game ended.Thank's for variation,I wonder if white would accept draw offer,all white's pawn's are blocked.My bad,pawn's are equal,

Well I thought the endgame is straightforward, but here's a diagram to show what kind of continuation white can possibly do.

 

 Anyway, it's just an approximation on what may happen and I'm not entirely sure if there are better possibilities, but I think it's the simplest way for white to win.

Nice example of different line's,I could tell it was going to be a long and drawn out end game,but white should be able to promote pawn first,he might even promote two pawn's before black can promote a pawn at all,Thank's for the work you put into annalyzing,good job dacster,it's ammazing how you got from puzzle's last move Qg7 to how it ended up,I admire guy's like you and the few other's who are willing to give explanation's to thoose who can't,they know who they are,GLO!!!

akashmihir
[COMMENT DELETED]
paulified22
vanhafford wrote:

A nice Queen Sacrifice leading to a Back Rank Mate administered by a Re8#.  Thanks for the lesson!

Do you really think black would have taken the Qg7 bait? I beleive he would have moved to d8,it was to obvious a mate for black not to see had he taken the Q, I beleive thees are master's

Liquiddragom

incredible combo. Couldnt see it.

ZacWilson

Fascinating