11/30/2011 - Mate in 4

  • #1
  • #2
    tough but rewarding. I need to do more puzzles like this one so that I can be trained to think like this.
  • #3

    ikke pykick

  • #4

    funny

  • #5

    got it first time

  • #6

    tough you say?  pretty straigtforward. attacking a completely open king.

  • #7

    straightforward - but good training for thinking several moves ahead. 

  • #8

    see check - check

  • #9

    nice . thanks a lot

  • #10
    lubricant wrote:

    tough you say?  pretty straigtforward. attacking a completely open king.


     What's straightforward for some is tough for others.  I'm surprised at how many of you grandmaster/geniuses don't seem to remember that there was a time when you didn't even know how to play the game.

  • #11

    Why not 3.- Qf8# ?

  • #12

    That was a really cool checkmate.  All I can do is exploit standard checkmates, but this...

  • #13
    Jakio87 wrote:

    Why not 3.- Qf8# ?


    That wouldn't be checkmate. If 3. Qf8+, then Kxf8.

  • #14
    Jakio87 wrote:

    Why not 3.- Qf8# ?


     4. Kf6

  • #15
    whirlwind2011 wrote:
    Jakio87 wrote:

    Why not 3.- Qf8# ?


    That wouldn't be checkmate. If 3. Qf8+, then Kxf8.


    No, the King couldn't take the Queen on f8 because it would still be in check from the white bishop. However, the black queen could take the white queen and delay the inevitable.

  • #16

    Nice one. First Page.

  • #17
    Mal wrote:
    whirlwind2011 wrote:
    Jakio87 wrote:

    Why not 3.- Qf8# ?


    That wouldn't be checkmate. If 3. Qf8+, then Kxf8.


    No, the King couldn't take the Queen on f8 because it would still be in check from the white bishop. However, the black queen could take the white queen and delay the inevitable.


     The king would take the Queen after 3.Qf8+ because white's rook on e7 blocks the bishop's line of attack.

  • #18

    So this is what it feels like to be on the first page...Lame, Boring and Unfulfilling. 

    This sucks.  :-|

  • #19

    after a first couple of tries I got it.

  • #20

    Mighty fine.

Top
or Join

Online Now