Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

1/13/2013 - Mate in 2

You have solved this problem!
    2. Rd7#
    vinbrothers wrote:

this is reallly easy. mostly everyone who can play chess can do this puzzle. in my opinion sunday puzzle should be the hardest cos thats the end of a week and monday the easiest maybe and so on.

Interesting comment.  I believe the idea of a 7-day-week  (the week cycle most common in today's world) comes from the judeo/christian bible, but I'm no authority on those things.  I do know that other "weeks" (work cycles) have been defined in some cultures and countries, but the 7-day cycle is the most common today.  Even among the Judeo-Christians, there is difference of opinion about which days are the beginnings and endings of the week, but most of the calendars I have seen show Sunday as the first day and Saturday as the last. 

Chessgames.com, does follow the pattern you suggest.  The hardest ("insane") problems are on Sundays, and the easiest are posted on Mondays.

Indeed, it is all pretty arbitrary.  Here in the US, most working people have Sunday off from work, so would have more time to work on difficult puzzles on that day. 

Simple.

Good puzzle.

Nice n Easy!

too easyyyyyyy

ez

petero

too easy

SUPER EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool!

Quick and sweet

Finished. Nice and easy!

Easy!!