12/15/2017 - Troitzky, 1922

Nanacc

むう。

Sleepingpuppy

it's true, all those single characters are just non-sense, except for the microdot of course (it may look like a simple period character, but with a good microscope one can see the puzzle answer there ... in response to people getting grumpy at spoilers ... people that got grumpy without actually saying that they like to read forum responses before having a go at the puzzle)"

I agree StraffWarton, I had someone named wezmabini that quoted my comment. And the only reason wezmabini quoted them was because wezmabini was stupid enough to believe that no one would pose the daily puzzle answer in the comments. 

Jill_McBain

cry.png

Sleepingpuppy
[COMMENT DELETED]
orenzmendoza

stupid promotion

BryanCFB

orenzmendoza wrote:

stupid promotion

How's that?

soheleno
StraffWalton escreveu:
Sleepingpuppy wrote:
Hitoddwolf wrote:
Scarlet_Evans wrote:

Really nice puzzle! Though there's one thing that puzzles me:

I am quite new on chess.com and still not accustomed to this forum. What exactly posts like these quotes below mean and how they relate to the given puzzles? For example, does "x" refers to beating other piece? Though there's no sacrifice here, so not sure how it relates to these puzzles.

Also, what do mean comments that are blank or containing only dot ".", "fp", "q", "yo" itd.? Are these some abbreviations?

Well Scarlet_Evans and Hitoddwolf, the same thing puzzled me a few years back. But now I know they are actually just non-sense, so I ignore them.

it's true, all those single characters are just non-sense, except for the microdot of course (it may look like a simple period character, but with a good microscope one can see the puzzle answer there ... in response to people getting grumpy at spoilers ... people that got grumpy without actually saying that they like to read forum responses before having a go at the puzzle)

Sorry for that. What I have to say is that in my case I edited my comment. At first I discover that I gave a wrong answer to someone and with shame I try to hide it, but at end it was worst. (sorry for any English error).

Grey_Goose

Coming to this puzzle six days late.  It is well solved by now but I still liked it especially the underpromotion to knight which counterattacked a possible fork by black.  Favourite puzzle so far this week.