FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

12/15/2017 - Troitzky, 1922

Nice sample on Underpromotion

Hitoddwolf wrote:
    Scarlet_Evans wrote:

Really nice puzzle! Though there's one thing that puzzles me:

I am quite new on chess.com and still not accustomed to this forum. What exactly posts like these quotes below mean and how they relate to the given puzzles? For example, does "x" refers to beating other piece? Though there's no sacrifice here, so not sure how it relates to these puzzles.

Also, what do mean comments that are blank or containing only dot ".", "fp", "q", "yo" itd.? Are these some abbreviations?

Nevertheless, seeing many new people here saying "Hi", I also feel like greeting them
    Hello there! :-)

kroggaard wrote:

x

Zolko24 wrote:

Yo

AacarlosDeeDeeRobins wrote:

q

daviddegale wrote:

Hello

jpeinsc wrote:
    ok

TheBadgerPawn wrote:

fp

StraffWalton wrote:

theandman012 wrote:

x

soheleno wrote:

fastandfurious_64 wrote:

HIYA

pack7483 wrote:

Ok

Shannon_number wrote:

Mimimax wrote:

FP

oblaxxxx wrote:

x

Well Scarlet_Evans and Hitoddwolf, the same thing puzzled me a few years back. But now I know they are actually just non-sense, so I ignore them.

cathyliyu wrote:

Ans: 1. c7 Nb7 2. c8=N/Kt Bxc8 3. Kb6 Nd6 4. Kc7 and the game is drawn. 1/2-1/2.

Actually cathyliyu, that is not the right answer. I've done it and the final move leads to a mate.

Sleepingpuppy wrote:
    Hitoddwolf wrote:
    Scarlet_Evans wrote:

I am quite new on chess.com and still not accustomed to this forum. What exactly posts like these quotes below mean and how they relate to the given puzzles? For example, does "x" refers to beating other piece? Though there's no sacrifice here, so not sure how it relates to these puzzles.

Also, what do mean comments that are blank or containing only dot ".", "fp", "q", "yo" itd.? Are these some abbreviations?

Well Scarlet_Evans and Hitoddwolf, the same thing puzzled me a few years back. But now I know they are actually just non-sense, so I ignore them.

it's true, all those single characters are just non-sense, except for the microdot of course (it may look like a simple period character, but with a good microscope one can see the puzzle answer there ... in response to people getting grumpy at spoilers ... people that got grumpy without actually saying that they like to read forum responses before having a go at the puzzle)

むう。

it's true, all those single characters are just non-sense, except for the microdot of course (it may look like a simple period character, but with a good microscope one can see the puzzle answer there ... in response to people getting grumpy at spoilers ... people that got grumpy without actually saying that they like to read forum responses before having a go at the puzzle)"

I agree StraffWarton, I had someone named wezmabini that quoted my comment. And the only reason wezmabini quoted them was because wezmabini was stupid enough to believe that no one would pose the daily puzzle answer in the comments. 

cry.png

[COMMENT DELETED]

stupid promotion

orenzmendoza wrote:

stupid promotion

How's that?

StraffWalton escreveu:
    Sleepingpuppy wrote:
    Hitoddwolf wrote:
    Scarlet_Evans wrote:

it's true, all those single characters are just non-sense, except for the microdot of course (it may look like a simple period character, but with a good microscope one can see the puzzle answer there ... in response to people getting grumpy at spoilers ... people that got grumpy without actually saying that they like to read forum responses before having a go at the puzzle)

Sorry for that. What I have to say is that in my case I edited my comment. At first I discover that I gave a wrong answer to someone and with shame I try to hide it, but at end it was worst. (sorry for any English error).

Coming to this puzzle six days late.  It is well solved by now but I still liked it especially the underpromotion to knight which counterattacked a possible fork by black.  Favourite puzzle so far this week.

Online Now